Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Games Grid

i know ive posted about it before but i agree this is a fun new site and just needs some traffic. the bonuses are great and the site is only going to get better. They are going to have a dealers choice games and a random choice game aswell once they get more players. that will be really fun. people who work at the site are there and playing and are very friendly and answer questions.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:21 PM

So, can you get rakeback on this site as well?
Old 04-18-2005, 06:33 PM

gamesgrid poker is definitely doing a good job out of the box but I do wonder what their marketing plan is to attract a critical mass of players beyond 2+2 to sign up there. if Poker Mountain is any example, slick advertising and star player endorsements are not enough to spell success in this industry, especially this late in the competitive stage.

then again, GG may not be aiming to score a boatload of low-limit fishy players, judging by their bonus scheme. what they've done instead is gotten the attention of more serious clientele at $2/4 limits and up, and potentially snaring market share away from sites whose bonus structures are similar like Poker Stars, and especially UB & Full Tilt.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:55 PM

Between the bonus and the VFP program, it's pretty much the same thing. Lot's of money to be earned playing there it seems..
Old 04-18-2005, 07:27 PM

I've also signed up at GamesGrid, enticed by the bonus and VFP program. I tried playing $3/$6 Limit, but the tables are incredibly tight. I mean, 1 guy raises, then everyone folds to the BB, who reluctantly calls. Then on flop + turn + river, everyone bluffs and semi-bluffs. A "big multiway pot" has 3 players in it. It is not uncommon for the hand to be folded to the BB. However, I find the $1/$2 $200 buy-in NL game very soft. I've doubled or tripled my buy-in several times already.

Seems like they've been doing well in attracting players; right now they have 7 games going on with at least 8 players, ranging from $.05/$.10 NL to $2/$4 Limit.

The interface is nice, but could use some work - doesn't have waiting lists and the tables are only 9-handed. Also, it seems that there are random disconnects every few hours.

Overall, it's a good place to play, and could become great if they fix a few problems and increase their traffic.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:32 PM

a good site in the works. so far so good - it will be interesting to see what it looks like there in 6 months as more players continue to check it out and they continue to modify it.

did a cash-out to Neteller, I checked my Neteller account an hour and a half later and the funds were there.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Between the bonus and the VFP program, it's pretty much the same thing. Lot's of money to be earned playing there it seems..

[/ QUOTE ]

The VFP is better than any rakeback deal.

While you're still working off the bonus you're pretty much not paying any rake at all.