Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2004, 12:01 AM

Default ok codewarrior, lets see the hand that really killed me.

my guess is either aces, kings or noting at all?

beyond that, up untill you took me down to nothing, how did I play? what did you think of my calling you with my last 400 and change with the 77?
Old 08-27-2004, 12:29 AM

Default here it is from my view

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (6 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

Hero (t2330)
BB <font color="purple">(villian (codewarrior))</font> (t2330)
UTG (t2535)
MP (t2025)
CO (t1050)
Button (t1250)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t450</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB <font color="purple">(villian (codewarrior))</font> raises to t750</font>, Hero calls t300.

Flop: (t1500) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t600</font>, <font color="CC3333">villian (codewarrior) raises to t1580</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t3680

so my thinking is you don't have 9s - Qs as my betting would have made you worried that I had a big pair. This is why I have you on aces or kings because only if you have them are you not worried about me having them. Mind you, this is only my thinking and what the heck do I know.

If anyone else wants to comment on my play here I would love to hear it all.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:50 AM

Default Re: here it is from my view

I think that you just got outplayed here. Had you been stealing blinds? I think codewarrior probably just went for a resteal preflop and figured you could be pushed off the hand with your weak flop bet.

You have to decide if he has it or not preflop and make the decision for your stack there; either fold to his reraise or push it in.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:51 AM

Default Re: here it is from my view

OK, I remember the hand now. Yes, it was a resteal, but I honestly thought my hand was good. I put you on a medium pair, at best. I had AJo as I recall. Big J anyway.