Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Announcement: MacPoker Pro version 1.0

can u give us a rough date when the tournament-compatible version will be released?
Old 06-21-2005, 05:17 PM

I am thinking about releasing basic support for single-table tournaments in a month or two (in a 1.x release) after this initial release is stable. Full tournament support - including multi-table - will probably not be finished until version 2 (Spring 2006).

Registered owners of version 1 will get a significant discount on the upgrade to version 2.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:26 AM

Tournament support will be great. I will register asap - going to work now. Suggestions:

1. Make note of where the AF is on the "Help" site.
2. Maybe MPP does this already, but -- cumulative info on players would be great. Is this already in place?

Again, great job.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:02 AM

pokermac - thanks for the suggestion, I will highlight the AF on the help pages.

Yes, it does store the cumulative information on all the players you play against. In the real-time session window you can choose between 'Session', 'Game Level' and 'All' stats to display for your opponents (it always shows your Session stats in this window regardless of the selection). In the main window, all the players you've played against are listed in the Players drawer (updated whenever you close a Session window). You can select any player from that list and see all their stats.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:20 AM

I'm looking forward to checking this out when I get home today. I second the suggestions for the ability to import PT databases and compatibility with other sites (I'm partial to UB). I've been pining for the ability to do real-time tracking of my UB opponents, which isn't possible with PT on VPC due to emulation speed issues. Kudos on getting this out there!
Old 06-23-2005, 04:37 PM

This looks great. Pity it only works on pokerroom. Could you not get it to work on all of the pokernetwrok skin sites such as BetonBet and Bayou for example? I'd buy it if that were the case.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:01 PM

I looked at betonbet but the problem is that they do not show your hole cards when you get the hand history. I suppose there would still be value for tracking opponents, but not much for analyzing your own play.

Would you be interested in spite of this limitation?

Can you list all of the pokerroom skin sites you know of?

Thanks!
Old 06-23-2005, 05:10 PM

If there is enough interest in other sites that are not natively mac-compatible, and if there are enough registered users to offset my development costs, I'll definitely look at adding support for additional sites.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:38 PM

I've been using MPP a couple days now and I'm impressed! Next payday I plan on registering. One thing I was thinking would be a nice feature is to be able to print out player stats, so I can review my(and others) play offline. Other than that this is a terrific program. It's nice to see someone supporting us Mac poker players. Thanks again.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:58 PM

Sorry to say I couldn't stand Pokerroom's software enough to bother transferring money to that site, so I'll have to hold off on getting MPP for now.