Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Live 2-5 straight flush draw

Ten handed, Hero (me) in CO with $400. Villain has $330. Most others have around $300. Villain has only played a few hands and I have no read on him yet.

Preflop: UTG straddles $10, villain limps, fold, limp, limp, fold, Hero limps w/ Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG checks.

Flop: ($60, 6 players) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Checks to villain who bets $30. Hero calls, everyone else folds.

Turn: ($120, 2 players) T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Villain bets $35. Hero raises to $115. Villain raises all-in $175 more. Hero?
Old 09-08-2005, 06:03 AM

Default Re: Live 2-5 straight flush draw

Without some kind of superhuman read, I'd have to call. You could easily be freerolling him via QJo or he could have just trip tens.

I'd be afraid of a full house but with two pair or a set on that flop, I don't see the villain only betting half the pot. I think a straight with QJo is far more likely.

Old 09-08-2005, 10:05 AM

I always raise the flop, is that wrong?
Old 09-08-2005, 10:09 AM

I don't see flat-calling as that bad.....Insta-calling here might convince the villain you're on a draw and lead him to making a big turn bet and maybe tie his stack into the hand.