Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Weak flop with QQ

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think that since you're short and have half your stack in the middle it should be a pretty easy call to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, unless you know villain has either AA or KK you are never laying this down.

[/ QUOTE ]

from reading the hand here it really seems like he's holding an overpair.

especially from the minreraise preflop.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:08 PM

Thanks for the input guys. Me and my friends have talked about this and some other hand for a week. When I made the call I was sure villian did not have AA/KK, but didnt really know what he had. I was screaming "GOOD CALL" untill the ace came [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

And I was pretty pot committed as well.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I might post the results here anyway as I got alot of PM's. He had AKo and hit the A on the river.Was it a good call?

[/ QUOTE ]

So you got all your money in the middle when you were a strong favorite to win? You played it g00t. Your friends should be razzing villain for his donkish play.

[/ QUOTE ]

hope my sarcasm detector is broken otherwise that's a terrible way to look at it :|

[/ QUOTE ]

I was dead serious. You made the corect read and went with it. Poker is about making correct decisions. The final outcome is immateral. You played that hand well. Anyone who tells you otherwise is being a nit or doesn't play poker very g00t.

[/ QUOTE ]

Results oriented bs. Stop giving horrible advice such as "if someone minraises preflop, bump it to 24bb".
Old 12-05-2005, 01:37 PM

I think there's a big difference between these two situations:

1) You have a read that he does this with AK/AQ - you've seen it before, and have good reason to put him on AK/AQ.

2) He's TAG and he just might have AK/AQ - I hope he does.

If it's case 1, nice read and nice hand.

If it's case 2, stop that.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Results oriented bs. Stop giving horrible advice such as "if someone minraises preflop, bump it to 24bb".

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain how putting villain on a range of hands and playing based upon that read is being results oriented. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] If making correct decisions based upon reading an opponent's hand is being "results oriented" then I am guilty as charged.

As for my advice being worthless, that is for others to decide. At least we know where you stand.