Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2004, 06:46 PM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.
Default Re: Leading the People to War

[ QUOTE ]
GWB-
blindly stating that because some wars have to be fought, that somehow we owe something to those who start wars is pretty disgusting.

[/ QUOTE ]

When did I say that?

America didn't start the war on terror, they attacked us.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:54 PM

" ...................... "

-- anti-war activists, 2004

(What they would be saying if America did not fight against evil in the past or the present)

Sorry- the implication that i took from this statement was that the protestors owe their freedom of speech to those who fought any war in the past. Please explain how you intended this to be interpreted.

Also-

"America didn't start the war on terror, they attacked us."

How many Iraqi's have been linked to terroist acts agianst the US prior to the invasion?
Old 09-25-2004, 05:52 AM

We started the war on terror.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:11 PM

"We are resolved that the method of consultation shall be the method adopted to deal with any other questions that may concern our two countries, and we are determined to continue our efforts to remove possible sources of difference, and thus to contribute to assure the peace of Europe."

Neville Chamberlain, 1938.

"France is not pacifist. We are not anti-American either. We are not just going to use our veto to nag and annoy the US. But we just feel that there is another option, another way, another more normal way, a less dramatic way than war, and that we have to go through that path. And we should pursue it until we’ve come [to] a dead end, but that isn’t the case."

Jacques Chirac, 2003
Old 09-24-2004, 08:28 PM

While i appreciate the quote from my cousin, Neville isn't exactly a guy i want defending the process i have chosen. He was pretty blind (retrospectively) to what Hitler was doing, and it could have saved a lot of lives by being more assertive in that situation.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:58 PM

[/ QUOTE ]
"France is not pacifist. We are not anti-American either. We are not just going to use our veto to nag and annoy the US. But we just feel that there is another option, another way, another more normal way, a less dramatic way than war, and that we have to go through that path. And we should pursue it until we’ve come [to] a dead end, but that isn’t the case."

Jacques Chirac, 2003

[/ QUOTE ]

Until then, we will sell them weapons, violate the UN resolution we voted for, corrupt the oil for food program, and continue to defend Iraq as long as they owe us money.
Old 09-25-2004, 03:48 AM

Hi Chuck:

Check your Civil War history. Exactly the opposite happened.

Both sides couldn't wait to start fighting. Of course this might have had something to do with the fact that Northern troops were stationed in the South before hostilities broke out.

Best wishes,
Mason