Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 04:30 AM

Default Re: Regarding BGC\'s School Bus Picture

From Wikipedia:
[ QUOTE ]
Before his election, Nagin was a member of the Republican Party and had little political experience; he was a vice president and general manager at Cox Communications, a cable communications company and subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. Nagin did give contributions periodically to candidates, including President George W. Bush and former Republican U.S. Representative Billy Tauzin in 1999 and 2000, as well as to Democratic U.S. Senators John Breaux and J. Bennett Johnston earlier in the decade.

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]

Days before filing for the New Orleans Mayoral race in February 2002, Nagin switched his party registration to the Democratic Party. Shortly before the primary election, an endorsement praising Nagin as a reformer by Gambit Magazine gave him crucial momentum that would carry through for the primary election and runoff. In the first round of the crowded mayoral election in February 2002, Nagin received first place with 29% of the vote, against such opponents as Police Chief Richard Pennington, State Senator Paulette Irons, City Councilman Troy Carter and others. In the runoff with Pennington in May 2002, Nagin won with 59% of the vote. His campaign was largely self-financed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Emphasis my own. Take from it what you will.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:48 AM

Key words: "Nagin switched his party registration to the Democratic Party."
Old 09-20-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Key words: "Nagin switched his party registration to the Democratic Party."

[/ QUOTE ]

Nagin endorsed and contributed $$$ to Bush in 2000. This isn't really all that significant, other than it should give pause to the morons that think that just because Nagin is a total moron (he is a total moron) that somehow Bush is more competent.

Yes, Katrina was a natural disaster; yes Nagin was horribly ineffective at dealing with; but also yes, Bush did a bad job as well.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:15 AM

# of buses mobilized for evacuation in houston: better be a lot.

# of posts BGC has made since this post was originally made: arg. who wants to count.

noticing that BGC has completely avoided this topic altogether: ya, the "p" word they use in the credit card ads.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
# of buses mobilized for evacuation in houston: better be a lot.

# of posts BGC has made since this post was originally made: arg. who wants to count.

noticing that BGC has completely avoided this topic altogether: ya, the "p" word they use in the credit card ads.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see "BGC" and "school bus" in a post title, and my eyes glaze over. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see "BGC" and "school bus" in a post title, and my eyes glaze over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it didn't specify "short bus"??? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2005, 03:01 PM

Hey BGC! Noticed you changed your avatar. No more Nat's cap?! Hopefully that's not because you're too depressed over the pummelling the Gigantes have put on them this week. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2005, 05:40 PM

Default The Advocate????...................LOL!!!

The advocate is not exactly a publication known for its accuracy. I would trust a Jason Blair article before I believed anything in this rag. As for Blanco's claim that FEMA promised buses, can anyone verify this? Why has not any major newspaper cover this story of Blanco's claim? So are we to believe the advocate has scooped the New York Times and other major publications with Blanco's revelations? Somehow I doubt Michael Brown of FEMA will back up her story. Brown was very critical of Blanco's lack of leadership in the Katrina matter.

FEMA has 2200 employees accross the nation. Most of these are paper pushers in Washington DC. For FEMA to promise 500 buses does not pass the smell test. Are 500 of their 2200 employees bus drivers? Does FEMA have a fleet of 500 buses?

The funniest part of this article was Blanco 'taking responsiblity' for assuming the buses were on the way.....LOL. Blanco has been in cya mode since her disasterous 'leadership'.

This silly story does not change the fact that buses were available to evacuate people and both the Governor and the mayor dropped the ball. It will be interesting to see if the voters of Lousiana will swallow this fish story.

Nice try on this spin job.... but those pictures of the flooded school buses speaks more than Blanco's damage control efforts....