Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 07:47 AM

Default Re: You Republicans Better Pray For Another Attack

I notice you avoided discussing my point: that there is nothing unusual in low poll numbers after relentless negativity in the media without a PR counter-campaign, and there is no need for a counter campaign in this off-election year.

Next year there will be a campaign for the mid-term elections, and the poll numbers will bounce right back.

Do you concede the point? or are you saying that the snapshot this week will determine the rest of the Presidency? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2005, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I notice you avoided discussing my point:

[/ QUOTE ]I notice you still avoid admitting you were wrong.[ QUOTE ]
that there is nothing unusual in low poll numbers after relentless negativity in the media without a PR counter-campaign, and there is no need for a counter campaign in this off-election year.

[/ QUOTE ]First, I recommend you read this book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...382870-4411819

But I'd bet my life savings that you won't.

Second, the Bush Administration is currently in full campaign mode, led by Karl Rove- something admitted to and commented on by many top Republicans, who you can see on any of a number of television news channels these past weeks.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=ko&l...+mode&sa=N

So it would appear that another of your assertions is 100% incorrect. That tends to happen when you come to these conclusions sans any evidence whatsoever.

[ QUOTE ]
Next year there will be a campaign for the mid-term elections, and the poll numbers will bounce right back.

[/ QUOTE ]Do all Republicans think in binary? It's either capitalism or communism- good or evil- approved of or disapproved of.

Fact is that Bush's drop is a 5-year long-term trend that shows no signs ending. The cognitive disconnect you're showing here just astounds me. Polls have also been done recently showing that Bush would lose to every modern President in an election- even Jimmy Carter. Your guy is toast. He will go down in history as an absolute failure- a [censored] moron who put his pride, comfort, and friends ahead of the country.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you concede the point? or are you saying that the snapshot this week will determine the rest of the Presidency? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]Do you concede my point, or do you disagree that hundreds of snapshots taken in context of each other show you something more than a single snapshot? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2005, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What grandiose expectations?

[/ QUOTE ]

So you don't expect democrats to do extremely well in the midterm elections? I guess there is no need for republicans to pray for a another attack afterall. This is turning out to be another useless Grey thread.

Stu
Old 09-16-2005, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you concede my point, or do you disagree that hundreds of snapshots taken in context of each other show you something more than a single snapshot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at your graph from 051404 to 111504. Your graph is evidence that Bush's poll numbers increase when he is out campaigning and decrease when he is not campaigning. You've just made BGC's point.

Stu
Old 09-16-2005, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wahhhh! Boo-hoo! Those right-wingers, shedding so many tears about the 'biased' media coverage they get. Maybe some day you gals on the right will find your binki and special blanket, and quit whining about the imagined biases and persecution you're just 'certain' the right is subjected too. I doubt it, though, because you'll always have the right-wing noise machine screaming that your crib really might have monsters under it after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

The media has gotten a lot better over the last few years. I guess the sqeaky wheel gets the oil.

Stu
Old 09-16-2005, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So you don't expect democrats to do extremely well in the midterm elections? I guess there is no need for republicans to pray for a another attack afterall. This is turning out to be another useless Grey thread.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]I asked you a question. What grandiose expectations? What is your definition of that term, and where are you seeing its prominence among Democrats?

Without that information, the term is as vague and useless as your post.

Also, the content of the poll in my OP has implications far beyond just '06.[ QUOTE ]
Look at your graph from 051404 to 111504. Your graph is evidence that Bush's poll numbers increase when he is out campaigning and decrease when he is not campaigning. You've just made BGC's point.

[/ QUOTE ]No I certainly did not. BGC says his numbers will "bounce right back". While it's true that spending a few hundred million dollars on advertising can give a temporary boost of a few points, there's no way the overall trend can be reversed, especially as time goes on, and there's no way in [censored] hell that Bush approaches a 50% approval rating by November '06.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:46 AM

Actually, I think I could make some money at this. Would anyone care to take bets on what Bush's approval rating will be in November '06?

BGC? If over half of the November approval polls on this page have Bush at 48% or over, you win. If not, I win.

How much are you up for?
Old 09-16-2005, 10:06 AM

How about 46%? How low do I have to go to get some action around here?
Old 09-16-2005, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What grandiose expectations? What is your definition of that term,

[/ QUOTE ]

By grandiose I mean characterized by absurd exaggeration. The title of this thread "You Republicans Better Pray For Another Attack" is clearly an absurd exaggeration which describes your expectation of the midterm elections.

[ QUOTE ]
and where are you seeing its prominence among Democrats?

[/ QUOTE ]

For that answer go look in the mirror.

Stu
Old 09-16-2005, 10:18 AM

Describe the grandiose expectation. Is it gaining 10 seats?

And please provide evidence that I have expectations equal to your yet undefined grandiose expectations.