Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 10:16 AM

Default Big PP, moving all in preflop or postlfop??? hand inside...

I had this hand last night at a B&M cash game.

This was after 3 hours of play and it should have been clear that I was fairly tight/aggressive:

$1/$2 NL
I'm in the BB and dealt KK.
A few folds around to a loose aggressive (L1) who raises to 5.
A second loose aggressive (L2) raises to 15.
A 3rd player, passive but loose (LP) calls 15, everyone else folds around to me.

At this point there is approx ~45 in the pot and I'm sitting on a little over 50.
I move all in (a 35 raise), L1 doesn't think long and folds. L2, who is the table big stack calls my 35 reraise, and the LP folds.

L2 shows 5,5.

Flop comes A 8 3
Turn 5
River 3

Now I've seen this enough that I didn't whine about it, I know [censored] happens, I shook his hand, said good game and left.

My question is: if I had just called the preflop reraise, let the flop come out, and THEN moved in, it might have been easier to get this guy off of his 5,5 since he missed the flop. But that doesn't mean it's the right move in the long run. Also, I would have been up against more than 1 player and someone could have had AQ, etc and spiked the ace on the flop.

Could I have done anything better on this hand? If not, then the results are what they are and I can live with that.