Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2005, 12:33 AM

Default It would appear PokerProphecy just sucks

Adam -- I'd like to hear from you in this forum explaining all this.

I just signed up for a new PartyPoker account to get rakeback, which allows me to see just how well PokerProphecy really does on a game-by-game basis. And the verdict is...

...it's HORRIBLE. Check this out...I've only played 8 tournaments, so tracking is pretty easy. In my first 4, I made the money only once. PokerProphecy said I finished in the money once out of 3 times. No huge deal there...this is pretty much "par for the course" with PokerProphecy. After my next 4 tournaments, I had 2 money finishes total (another 1 for 4 session...meh). Get this...PokerProphecy now says I have 4 money finishes in 6 tournaments. Ummm....what?

Now missing the occassional game is one thing, and over time, that's really meaningless in the grand scheme of things. But if there is any chance that LOSSES will actually be counted as WINS, the whole product is WORTHLESS.

I'm sure Adam will find someway to rationalize all this, but how can anyone possibly use this product again with any degree of confidence? Bummer...good idea, horrible execution.

--Zen
Old 03-19-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Re: It would appear PokerProphecy just sucks

FWIW, they only claim to have 50% of your games. Over time, that would probably be sufficient (since it would tend to even out).

That said, I think the fact that they use winning percentage to calculate how good you are is seriously flawed. For example, since I have a winning percentage of over 40%, that makes me a "pro." However, I'm barely a breakeven player (my overall ROI is only 3%).
Old 03-19-2005, 12:43 AM

But if there is any chance that LOSSES will actually be counted as WINS, the whole product is WORTHLESS

This is the only reason I give them so much grief.

If they fixed this one thing, I might even buy it.

Lori (who has not cashed in a $20 this year)
Old 03-19-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, they only claim to have 50% of your games. Over time, that would probably be sufficient (since it would tend to even out).

That said, I think the fact that they use winning percentage to calculate how good you are is seriously flawed. For example, since I have a winning percentage of over 40%, that makes me a "pro." However, I'm barely a breakeven player (my overall ROI is only 3%).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're missing the key. It doesn't matter how many games it records if it gets the results wrong. I have seen incontrovertible proof that it does. I even witnessed and played in the game in question.

eastbay
Old 03-19-2005, 01:27 AM

I'm only posting because Mark sent me the same e-mail, I probably shouldn't but I will. I've already said before that Party Poker lists some 3 player tables that have 4 players on them. Click on a few 3 player tables and check the list to the right, you will see there are actually 4 players. So yes we will correct Party Poker's error, but it's not exactly easy. As to it ruining the data, it happens about 10% of the time for players that finish in 4th. So everyone's stats might be 1% higher than they should be.

I'll just close this post with a few e-mails I received in the last two days. These e-mails were in response to our new data collection software and asking people to send in their results on the first 10 games:

The new system seems to work great. I've played 10 games since the upgrade and it recorded all of them. No more waiting until the next day. Anxious to see how that V2 works , no more typing of the players names.

Keep up the good work.

Jeffrey Beach

today all ten of the first ten games i played were recorded.
wtfrunamuck is my screenname

I just finished playing 10 games with the new upgraded version and what a difference!

J.M. Taylor

i'm new at prophecy, great stuff, now I know them all. you got all my 10 games down pat.

nutsville

Hey

Nice job guys, I got 10/10...also decided to make a
call on a tough all in when I saw the other player at
a 13% win ratio - I was right to call them.

Thanks, keep up the good work
rgds
Hillary

Since the upgrade, all of the games i have played have been recorded. Some seem as if the percentage changes as soon as I am in the money even before the tourney is over. Thank you for this software. Looking up the names was
kind of difficult to get used to but I guess that should not be a problem when 2.0 comes out..... I really look forward to it.

Thanks,
Robert Stong (rjs5733)

hello,

my name is Arbi I have played 10 games and you have
recorded 9/10, thats awesome, keep up the good work, I
love this site.

thank you
Arbi

You recorded 10 of 10 of my games

Love the product, can't wait for the next version!

Brett Bunch

Since you guys never believe me, I thought I'd throw in some words from customers. I've got at least 20 more in the last two days, but I think you get the point.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:27 AM

I'm gonna keep updating:

After 12 games, I'm actually 4 wins, 8 losses.
PokProph says 4 wins, 3 losses.

So, in my last 4 games (2W and 2L), PokProph caught only one of them and called it a loss (whether or not it actually was one of the losses).

--Zen
Old 03-19-2005, 01:44 AM

Last night I played 23 games, it recorded 14. I will repost at end of night tonight with newest totals and captures.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:49 AM

I've contacted Adam before, and I think he is trying. I haven't mentioned Poker Prophecy on this board because I wanted to give it a fair shot. But I'm sorry, it's just not good. They get results wrong, and it's very hit and miss as to which tournaments they get. I've been through hot streaks and cold streaks and according to PP my results have not changed. I'd like to recommend the program, but I honestly can't. I don't even look at it anymore and consider the $20 gone.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:56 AM

Let's be blunt. Poker Prophecy is a piece of crap. Can we move on?
Old 03-19-2005, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's be blunt. Poker Prophecy is a piece of crap. Can we move on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention they are major chat spammers. Do you really want to support that type of company?