Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 06:19 AM

Default Re: Last hand before the break (ugh) Deepstack 30-3

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Playing passively against a TAG is generally bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like I understand what you're saying here intuitively, but I wonder if you can elaborate on this idea a bit.

My intution is that you can't let a tight aggressive player dictate the size of a pot or how the bets get into a pot. You either don't give him action when you feel he's strong, or you raise and reraise to allow his tightness to come into play and give him a chance to fold when you feel you can push the TAG off his hand. In any case, you don't just call bets, (and here's where I get lost) because you're likely to be behind? or because you get no information about the TAG's hand?

Bleah. I am curious if there's a general principle I'm missing here.

-D

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for not clarifying; I think you understood it on your own, though.

I was talking about the extreme version of TAG that you find often (and probably shoud be yourself) in a tournament--i.e. someone who raises and folds a lot, but calls infrequently. Against these players, you have lots of fold equity, and can easily get away when you're wrecked, so you don't want to be calling down too much.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:05 AM

Default Re: Last hand before the break (ugh) Deepstack 30-3

Noticing the stacks here, I believe that and playerstyle is often more important than the cards.
Personally I don't call a raise in that spot with ATo even in position vs the only one at the table who can hurt me.
It depends how good/bad said player is though.