Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Re: if you\'re bored, here\'s a 13 min HU session

I only read a few hands, just a couple comments.
Is folding 85o in the bb standard?
As others have pointed out, easy riverbet w/ the J5 hand.
The 66 hand is a river bet fosho, I don't see how ppl can want to check there unless they think a check/fold is possible. Otherwise, you're much less of an underdog when you bet then when you check-call.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:11 AM

Default Re: if you\'re bored, here\'s a 13 min HU session

[ QUOTE ]
66 hand. is the river a value bet or a bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]
i think i should have c/c in this one...will think more

[ QUOTE ]

j5s hand. i really would bet here. i think you get payed off by a and k high often. i suppose you can check for information. i.e. to see what he checks behind on the flop. that and to induce a bluff. after seeing results this guy looks like a donk.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah. ez bet...dunno...maybe i was going for a random cr

[ QUOTE ]

a2o hand. i guess you are changing gears. i suppose this is as good a hand as any to mix it up with. i usually dont 3bet the offsuit lower aces tho.

[/ QUOTE ]
yup..i prolly 3bet Ax 50% of the time and try to take it down with a flop bet

[ QUOTE ]

j8o hand. from game theory perspective you have to bet the river here sometimes. say 33% or so.

[/ QUOTE ]
can you explain what you mean by "game theory perspective" i agree that i should bet this sometimes.

[ QUOTE ]

a3 hand. ahhh. bet the river. remember the j5 hand. i expect a high to call here very often.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes i play bad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

jj hand. hmmm. free showdown raise. well, there is 0 chance he folds an ace but you let him get away from lower pairs. however, you do charge the max for draws. w/o the diamond draw i would easily prefer calling down or folding.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, wanted to charge the max to mid pairs and/or draws with crappy pairs. wasnt a free SD raise tho, i was betting the river.

[ QUOTE ]

a10o hand. how many times has this guy bluffed the river? hell, he barely even value bets river.

[/ QUOTE ]
he bluffed the river a couple times (one when i had KK and he had K5o or something, and one other time i think). i think the fact that no 6 hit and means i can call down here... i dont really like folding on such a ragged board.

[ QUOTE ]

j8s hand. again, i am foldin the river here.

[/ QUOTE ]
this ones close...but the board is so draw heavy on the turn. one thing ive noticed is that i fold a lot less than most 2+2ers, especially on the river.
j10o hand. very nice. i suppose you put him on a semibluffed heart draw and really stuck it in him.

ajo hand. very nice. your hand is not strong enough to value bet here and you finally got him to bluff.

85s hand. its strange how this guys play has changed from checking down mid pair to betting the whole way with air. looks like you are really under his skin now.

k3o hand. hahaha. what a moron. tilt alert.

kjo hand. easy river call given his recent play.

kk hand. can you 4bet pf?

[/ QUOTE ]

i did 4bet the last one preflop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

anyhow thanks for your analysis. after reading this i realize that he was not very good at all. missed a ton of value bets, made retardo plays on rivers (Even though i never ever fold) etc. i missed a couple value bets early on but other than that my biggest mistakes were a few of the calldowns you mentioned.