Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 03:21 PM

Default How do I not miss any bets here?

Last Night at the Wynn, 15/30.

Down to about 7 players. Blinds post plus LP1 post as he refused to come in on the blinds when it was his turn even though i tried to get him to because the game was getting short.

All fold , LP1 checks I am on the button and raise with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] . Blinds and LP1 call.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Checks around to me and I bet. SB folds, BB calls, LP1 calls.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BB bets out , LP1 calls, I raise, BB calls, LP1 reraises , I ?.

Now I wasnt really trying to figure out BB hands here until put on the spot here. Now I was forced to try to figure out the best way to extract the most out of all. Whats your reads here and do you raise or call.

FYI, LP1 sat down with 240ish (maybe table change not sure) so he has about 90 left. BB has plenty.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Re: How do I not miss any bets here?

Just go ahead and make it 4 bets. A straight won't fold, a jack won't fold and it's possible you're against a really strong hand like AJ or KJ since LP 1 pulled that superman crap on the turn. I hope it went to 5 bets and you got to raise both on the river.

Jeff
Old 05-05-2005, 03:54 PM

all ways better to raise on the turn since there is only 1 person we may knock out. If there were 3 more to come behind you it may be a different story.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:18 PM

Ya that was my on the spot reasoning. I figured them both as pretty strong and was hoping they would ride it out.

I raised , BB folded , LP1 Called . River 8. LP1 checked and raised me his last 15 dollars.

LP1 had J8. BB said he had Q 10.

If I had called he prob woulda folded to a river raise, so works out about the same. Hoping he had boat and would be forced to call. Couldnt figure he would draw to an inside straight on that board, but apparently so.

2 lessons learned. Dont draw to a gutshot with the board paired and sit down and post when its your turn. Dont wait for the better position in a short handed game where your going to have to post again 3 hands later.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:23 PM

LP1's back raise on the turn almost always means a big hand and since BB lead and called your raise he likes his hand also. Just pump it now as the others have said.