Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 02:34 AM

Default QQ hand please critique

Villian in this hand is unknown, only have played a couple orbits with him. Do you think I should call this one down? I think I'm behind pretty much any hand that he would cap the flop with, assuming he's not bluffing (can't tell yet as no good read). Thanks.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
Old 01-26-2005, 02:45 AM

Default Re: QQ hand please critique

I'd drop this after getting raised on the flop. He'll have an ace way too many times, and if he does you've only 2 outs.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:50 AM

This flop is completely devoid of draws - the only hands that are reasonable given his flop action are:
An ace
a 7
a PP &gt; 7

Now IMO given no reads, you can usually expect a raise out of 9's or better from UTG. Additionally, we can expect AJ-AK to raise also.
this leaves:
A2-AT
57s/67/78/79s

as *reasonable* holdings. You're in a baaaad way against all of them but the 8's. I would not 3-bet the flop here, and would likely fold the turn unimproved.

Surf
Old 01-26-2005, 03:35 AM

Depending on my mood, I may just call down, lately Ive seen lots of people make this play with something like 55. Folding tho isnt bad.

The last thing I would do tho is 3 bet, thats just awful. You are either WAY out in front of whatever he has, or WAY behind. 3 betting does nothing for you except tell him his 55 or bluff isnt any good, and it lets him punish you when you are behind, which with position he can do very well.