Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Learning...

[ QUOTE ]
I know 100% i made signficantly more.. bottomline.

[/ QUOTE ]

would you like to compare cock-size too?
Old 10-28-2005, 06:00 PM

Until today I thought everyone was mb being a little harsh to you. Now I understand why.

Quit clogging up mid-high please. Can't just ignore you as most of the topics have something to do with you so you're distracting everyone else.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
E) I've made over $50,000 (including rakeback) in three different months since i started playing. How many times have you done that at Canterbury? Zero. Has anybody ever done that at Canterbury? Doubtful.. End of converstation.

[/ QUOTE ]

judging who is right or wrong by how much money they make is a dangerous precedent in nearly all of life.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And for those of you questioning my "assumptions" i'm just basing them on the actual "FACTS" that have been presented online..

Pokerbob maybe have been joking around only playing at catnerbury but how am i supposed to know that.. Tommy has posted a million times never mentioning a thing about online, how am i supposed to know that.. im working off facts presented...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why PokerBob suggested taking a logic class. Working off of "FACTS" is one thing.. to falsely infer they lead to certain conclusions is another.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:22 PM

You make a lot of $$$ playing online poker. Good for you! Tommy Angelo probably doesn't make as much money as you playing poker. Wow, you're the man! Just STFU already.

FWIW, just b/c you make more money than TA 8 tabling 30/60 doesn't mean you're a better player. You just can't logically draw that conclusion. If you're playing 10X the number of hands as him, you SHOULD be making more money than him.

It's surprising that someone that is such a winner in life has been able to do so with the reasoning skills of an 8 year old.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:24 PM

did you know that tommy plays a lot of short handed 40/80 and 80/160 live?

and i don't want to assume anything on his winrate but i'm guessing an excellent player (and from what i've seen of tommy, he is) can earn something like $200/hr (40/80) to $300-$400/hr (80/160) in those conditions. even if i was to be conservative, $150/hr to $250/hr, is still more than what many people can earn online even 8 tabling. so you can win $400/hr 8 tabling 30/60? thats fine, whatever. but note that people who play live primarily don't have to click a mouse a billion times at once sitting alone behind their computer to earn similiar (if not better in some cases) earn.

but the whole point of these threads was to determine whether or not you could learn something from a live player simply because you "knew" for sure you made more money than him. your continued pressing that you possibly couldn't just doesn't make any sense at all. your assertion that poker is a buisine where money is everything is wrong. first and foremost, poker is a game. the ability to play the game well has almost nothing to do with how much money one makes.

but if that doesn't make sense to you, could you honestly answer these questions for me please?

a) athletes have individual coaches for varoius things, despite making a lot more money than them. why?

b) really rich people usually have one or more financial advisors despite them obviously having more money than them. why?

c) actors have acting coaches despite them making a lot more money than them. why?
Old 10-28-2005, 06:34 PM

I business/poker i don't believe it is.. If i have proof that a guy is making more than i do i have to assume the fact that he is a better poker player. There is a reason people are where they are financially in poker and business.

If you think taking advice from people who are successful already and not talkking advice from people who are doing worse than you is a big mistake in poker or business you don't know much about either... I'm not talking about life, i'm talking about making a living....
Old 10-28-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I business/poker i don't believe it is.. If i have proof that a guy is making more than i do i have to assume the fact that he is a better poker player. There is a reason people are where they are financially in poker and business.

If you think taking advice from people who are successful already and not talkking advice from people who are doing worse than you is a big mistake in poker or business you don't know much about either... I'm not talking about life, i'm talking about making a living....

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you're dense. I'd try to reply to this but I'd end up saying the same things that people have already said, and then you'd come back with this same BS response that does deal with the points people are trying to make to you.

Congrats on being successful in the business world, hopefully someday you realize that there's a lot more to life than money.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:52 PM

yeah there really is more to life, but there isn't more to business/poker.. its about money..
Old 10-28-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker is a long run game. Some guys "earning $600/hr" here are really earning $350/hr but running hot over a hundred or two hundred thousand hand stretch. Or, maybe they are exclusively running hot only when they play in limits higher than they normally do. Or, consider an online player who earns shittons because he plays 8 tables 30hrs a week. Maybe he is a modest winner but through sheer volume he wons at a higher hourly rate than Tommy. You think that it's possible Tommy could simply be a better poker player than the mediocre multitabler, and this mediocre multitabler could stand to learn stuff to substantially improve his WR, even though his hourly already exceeded Tommy's (but not his actual BB/100)? There's so many ways your logic makes zero sense. For real just trust the 100000 posters here who have played with Tommy and say he is a formidable table presence.