Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Re: A Special One Time Offer!!!

Please stop all the bickering. It's not nice.

vince
Old 05-15-2005, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i bought TOP but what does that have to do with what D & M have done for poker as opposed to DN?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that supposed to be serious?

"[Theory of Poker] is a must have for any poker library. It teaches you all you need to know about pot odds and general theory. " - Daniel Negreanu

"The Triple Draw Section of Super System 2 is a must have for any poker library."

Oh wait, nobody said that.

And yeah, I posted that just to suck up to Sklansky and Malmuth.

Ok so that was sarcastic. But this isn't: I'm fairly certain that you have some sort of learning disability.

[/ QUOTE ]

you may now check your tracking number via the UPS website. Thank you.

Best Wishes,

David and Mason
Old 05-15-2005, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please stop all the bickering. It's not nice.

vince

[/ QUOTE ]

the voice of reason.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:40 PM

Yeah, that is classic, considering good ole' Vince started a thread about a fellow poster earlier today. What a class act.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:21 AM

Yet another small-time online player who only knows the "big pros" via TV and whatnot. During his WSOP run last year I grew to respect DN quite a bit and would have listed him as one of the players I most respected. He seemed to have fun at the tables without acting like a wank while in the spotlight.

Lately, he's acting like a wank. And I understand that the opinions of some small-time poker players probably is meaningless to DN -- and that there are larger financial issues powering some of this wankery. But, you know. I hate seeing a public figure I respect act like a wank.

Oh, and FWIW, unless someone backs DS for whatever reason, a match between the two is not going to happen. DN has the money to wave around (see above mentioned wankery) and DS is unlikely to take any bet for significant stakes unless he is:

A) a considerable favorite -- even picking the game, DS is likely only a slight favorite vs. DN at best

or

B) getting considerable odds on his money

So unless someone takes DS's action to mitigate his risk, or they play at less significant stakes (chance is almost nil) this match just isn't going to happen. Nor should it, if DS stands by his writings; taking up this challenge at stakes significant to his BR, without either a significant edge or good odds, would be primarily about ego. And that's the worst reason to risk significant money.

I say they do a play money freeze out on Poker Mountain!
Old 05-16-2005, 01:34 AM

Default DanielNegreanu Book Review: Theory of Poker

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poke...pic.php?t=1184
Old 05-16-2005, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you act now and your name is Mason Malmuth or David Sklansky you can take advantage of an astounding 10% rebate on your money in a heads up match against Daniel Negreanu!

Rush to your phones gentlemen as this is a limited time offer for memebers only!!! Not only will you receive 10% of your money back, you'll also get to choose how much you want to risk! (Between $100,000 to $500,000)

Not only that, you will ALSO get to pick your game of choice! That's right, for a limited time only you will receive:

-a 10% rebate on your money
-your choice of stakes (min. 100K)
-your choice of game

An offer too good too pass up? Absolutely! Mr.Negreanu has already given away $200,000 to lucky winner David Oppenheim anf you Mr.Sklansky or Mr.Malmuth could be our next big winner!

Remember to act now as this is a limited time offer. An offer so good it's IMPOSSIBLE to refuse!!!

Mr.Malmuth has said it himself, "Daniel will be an underdog in almost all of the matches he plays." You heard it here folks, Mr.Malmuth has stepped out and made his claim... is he willing to back it up with some greenbacks? Inquiring minds want to know. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty classless Daniel.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Re: David, which is it?

Why are you so confused? I will take a 20% rebate on a $50,000 freezeout. 500-1000 stakes, hundred dollar ante, two hundred dollar bring in Eight or Better stud game. He offered me a ten percent rebate which I am turning down. We can play anywhere, even at the Wynn. But if it is at the Wynn it can't be with a lot of publicity.

The above statement can be translated into my opinion that the chances I win is above 48% but less than 53%. It was not meant to be a serious counter offer since I don't think Daniel would be anxious to play this game with me, even giving me a ten percent rebate, if it doesn't have extra benefits for the Wynn card room.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Daniel conceiving this promotion to help the Wynn. What is wrong however is to make innaccurate implications about someone turning him down. He gains from an even bet. Others don't. I am rather sure that Daniel would not win in the long run giving me a ten or even five percent rebate in typical 8/B stud freezouts. But if Iwere to simply proclaim that, the comment would be met with skepticism. My "counter offer" was made to prove I'm not lying. After all there is some chance that Daniel might accept, if only to call my bluff.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:54 AM

I would take it to mean you thought he (Daniel) was more than 10% better, but less than 20%.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:32 AM

The above statement can be translated into my opinion that the chances I win is above 48% but less than 53%.

4/9 = 44.4%
10/21 = 53%

What am I missing?