Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2005, 12:49 AM

Default Can I extract more from this flush?

I don't usually raise this PF, but I hadn't picked up a real hand in the CO in a while, and I thought it was OK with position. SB is a good player who doesn't seem to get out of line. I haven't seen him call real raises out of position with junk suited aces or kings, and I'm pretty sure he'd reraise pf with AKs most of the time. I think he thinks I bet too much (he's right, but that's at least partly because I'm running very hot) and I think he may be trying to trap me. A standard continuation bet for me is $3-4 here. I'm very convinced that he doesn't have the nut flush when he calls the turn, for what that's worth.

Given all of that, how do you think I played the hand?

Assuming that I'm right, and that he has a real hand here, is there any way to extract more money from him? I never overbet the river with these stacks, either with a real hand or as a bluff. Should I? Similarly, I never bet something tiny on the river here, like $5, either as a weak bet or a phony bluff. Should I?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, 0.50$ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP ($35.93)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($175.46)</font>
Button ($52.40)
<font color="#C00000">SB ($125.65)</font>
BB ($51.20)
UTG ($49.25)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls $1.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($4.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, SB calls $4.

Turn: ($12.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, SB calls $10.

River: ($32.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $30</font>...