Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2005, 07:41 PM

Default AQo vs a huge field

Two-tabling 5/10 with a 3/6 table open when this one comes up. I'm at a total loss on the river.

Reads: UTG+1 is a raging maniac that I followed over from a different game; he's playing at about a 87/70/4.5 clip over ~35 hands. MP1 has been almost as maniacal about isolating on UTG+1--his numbers are 52/26/1.6 over maybe 25 hands, with the vast majority of his PFR's being 3-bets over UTG+1's raises. MP3 is about 45/9/0.6 over 25 hands--his thing is coldcalling all of UTG+1's raises with anything even remotely playable and then calling down HU regardless of the cards that fall (he's won a couple pots with Q high). Button is a multi-tabling weak/tighty that I've got some mined hands on; his numbers are 9/5/1 over ~100 hands. Button's coldcall obviously worries me more than anyone else in the hand.

My table image is incredibly tight--I've played 3 hands since joining the table 3 orbits prior, including my posting hand, showing down 2 pair with 89s (posting hand), winning one pot preflop, and check/folding the flop with 22 out of the BB. I've mostly been getting out of the way of UTG+1 & MP1's preflop shenanigans.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (21.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (13.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

River: (18.20 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero...?

Do I have a value bet here, against that large a field, on this board? I'm more than a little worried that Button is calling down with AK.