Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 08:08 PM

Default Re: International A.N.S.W.ER. Organizers Are NOT Anti-War

It seems to me we were talking about events, not about core messages. That said I don't believe that the Quran inevitibaly leads to supremacism or genocide or what have you either.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Islam demands absolute submission to Allah from its followers; and also enjoins them to conquer the world and to rule it according to the dictates of Allah. Those dictates were presented by the archangel Gabriel to Allah's messenger, Muhammad, who faithfully wrote everything down verbatim, for the benefit of all of humanity for all of time.

That is the very essence of Islam, and anyone who denies it is either ignorant or pretending.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
That said I don't believe that the Quran inevitibaly leads to supremacism or genocide or what have you either.

[/ QUOTE ]

How dare you question Mx6's expertise, nicky; as one of the world's leading Islamic scholars, his is the final word regarding all things Islamic. Not only that, his own translation of the Koran from Arabic into English has become the definitive authority on Islamic research - in the past, most Muslims were of the belief that any and all translations of the Koran into English didn't do the holy book justice - and that to gain any true understanding of the Koran, it must be read in its original Arabic form. In fact, to be considered a respectable Islamic scholar, it's expected that said scholar will have to have the Koran memorized. But MMMMMM has clearly revolutionized the field, with his incisive and wholly original insights. How much of the Koran do you have memorized, MMMMMM? Given that nicky is just a peon who's ignorant of the Koran, please share with us your expert qualifications, MMMMMM! They must be quite impressive!

Speaking of that, MMMMMM, care to share some of your translations with us? Like I said, it's generally considered appropriate that, before Muslim scholars be given any respectability, they first memorize the Koran; such studies can take years, I've heard. Where did you learn Arabic, anyway? I realize you don't have a whole lot of time, given that you're busy being picked on by trolls all the time at 2+2 and all; it's tough being a victim...but you just seem so sure. I thought you were just some fool on a Crusade, but man, you really do seem confident! You must be quite the Islamic expert, I would think!

But entertain me anyway: given how often you post about Islam and the Koran as if you're an authority, I'm curious as what your qualifications are? I just assume, by default, that most people who post here about such things are typically talking directly out of their ass. Care to enlighten us as to where you studied Arabic, and the Koran? Maybe I've underestimated you!

I'm just curious, of course...so please share...if you can tear yourself away from the deep and penetrating Koranic studies you've been engaging in, that is.

I'm sure you're off with the other leading academics, in the middle of an Islamic Studies conference and what not; so please take your time responding to this, as I'd hate to deny the scholarly community your wonderful insights and discoveries. Yours is a mind not to be wasted on 2+2, except when it's convenient. Just whenever you get around to it.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:12 AM

Dvaut1,

Your posts are rapidly moving in the direction of "not worth responding to."

Also, you seem to have developed some sort of odd obsession over the user name "MMMMMM". I wonder at what it must be like to be so obsessed with another anonymous presence on the internet. Strange, to say the least.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dvaut1,

Your posts are rapidly moving in the direction of "not worth responding to."

Also, you seem to have developed some sort of odd obsession over the user name "MMMMMM". I wonder at what it must be like to be so obsessed with another anonymous presence on the internet. Strange, to say the least.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. Just wanted to confirm you have no idea what you're talking about, and your all your lecturing about the true nature of Islam was more or less just uneducated and uninformed nonsense, derived from the same mind that thinks racism is dead...but not at all dead. That about clears it up. 'Not worth responding to' sounds about right, given your inability to cite any reason why you should be listened to on such matters. Thanks. That's a relief...I was worried for a moment you might have a point (...okay, I'll admit it - I wasn't that worried).

A bit more petulant whining, and you just might find converts for the next Crusade. Works for David Limbaugh, anyway.

Speaking of 'being obsessed' and Islam, how did this thread end up about Islam, anyway? No wait, don't tell me...I think I know how...

Carry on.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how did this thread end up about Islam, anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because no one wants to talk about the obviously failed anti-war rallies that this thread was about. One week later, and nobody in the world cares about them. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2005, 01:01 AM

Default MMMMMM Makes An Error

I thought the meaning of "enjoined" was approximately the opposite of what it actually does mean. Yikers.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Anti war protest in D.C.

[ QUOTE ]
Yet, I've got two competing numbers: One figure comes from Washington's Chief of Police, and the other comes from some guy on the internet.

Smart money is on the Chief of Police, and it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Smart money is usually somewhere between what the brass says and what the protesters say. For a lot of the big anti-war stuff they were really lowballing. Didn't follow this event too closely though, I really couldn't say.

NT