Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 03:54 AM

Default Tens..yuck.. Check turn here?

Absolute 6-Max 25c/50c

Button($66.19 in chips)
SB Hero ($95.50 in chips)
BB ($29.95 in chips)
UTG ($111.40 in chips)
CO($64.71 in chips)

UTG calls, CO calls, button calls

I'm on SB with TsTh and raise to 3.00 (possibly should have raised a little bit more maybe , 3.5 - 4 perhaps, but I am pretty sure the 1-2 extra BB would not have made a difference as far as callers at this table)

Everyone including BB calls O_O

Pot (15.00)
Flop 7s 5s 8d

I lead for 10, UTG only caller

Pot (35.00)
Turn Qd
I lead for 16 (yuck, 25ish here maybe?)
UTG minraises to 32
I fold

I hate this particular hand. Disgusting. Would you rather check turn here and just give up after that many people saw the flop (seems pretty weak), or bet more instead (and then fold to the minraise?) My bet size on turn likely looked weak, but I was already worried having had that many people see the flop with me. I doubt anyone was going away for and extra 1-2 bb preflop as I said. Read on UTG after a previous 50ish hands was 45 VPIP, 5% PFR, and I hadn't seen him do anything yet in this session.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Tens..yuck.. Check turn here?

With that many callers, I'll bet once and shut down to any overs, any cards that help the board (that's a lot of cards), and any aggression. With so many callers it's esy for him to have you crushed and you have no idea where you stand. It might be a slightly +EV spot for you but I don't dick around with the pennies. I'm basically playing for a set with this many players to the flop.

I'm certainly folding to the min-raise. I agree, if you must fire here, bet ~28, but I wouldn't bother.

Another stat which is helpful here is postflop aggression. If it's <2 then his raise is almost definitely legit and will help you justify a fold.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:45 AM

If you're sure everyone's going to call you preflop, just limp with those ten's and play for set value. Look what happened, you got a great flop, a caller, and you're throwing $$ in OOP and you likely have to fold now. If you do hit a set, you can often make up for the preflop equity loss, postflop. If you don't hit a set, didn't cost you anything. Position is king.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:42 AM

I certainly didn't expect that result preflop, I just felt that at this table they would either call or fold regardless if it was 3.00 or 4.00 more. Either they had a hand they wanted to mine with or they didn't. I think I would just call here with TT 50% of the time, and I opted to raise here this time. The result was disgusting. Once it got here, would you fire the stronger second barrel or check?
Old 11-23-2005, 05:34 PM

bump for day crowd
Old 11-23-2005, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're sure everyone's going to call you preflop, just limp with those ten's and play for set value. Look what happened, you got a great flop, a caller, and you're throwing $$ in OOP and you likely have to fold now. If you do hit a set, you can often make up for the preflop equity loss, postflop. If you don't hit a set, didn't cost you anything. Position is king.

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ says it all. After the bring-in I c/f this with a made str8 on the flop and a flush draw. OOP and a hand that can't take any pressure?
Old 11-23-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The result was disgusting. Once it got here, would you fire the stronger second barrel or check?

[/ QUOTE ]

i would check this turn if i got here in this bloated pot oop. i wouldnt raise TT oop here though...

ps- i have tons of hands with u, and have asked u about the brown trout quite a few times with no respone, why?
Old 11-23-2005, 06:22 PM

Old 11-23-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i already knew i was a fish...

i was just asking why u wouldnt acknowledge that u were 2+2 even though the rest of the table would have no clue what we were talking about.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:35 PM

Oh, I must have not noticed or something or another.. certainly didn't mean to ignore you O_o I'm proud of my 2+2 heritage. It also makes for good lines when im table coaching.

P.S. Thats not just any fish. Thats a brown trout.