Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Neteller woes - seeking advice

First off, let me explain that I used to be a 2+2er, but it's been so long I've forgotten all my info (and I'm too lazy to request it). Hence the 0 posts. Please take me seriously despite that; I could really use some help here.

Situation:

I'm a US citizen who just moved to Malta to work for an internet poker company. I've been playing online poker about 4 years, not quite recreationally, but also not as my primary source of income. I use(d) Neteller for all my transactions. I have a US bank account that I have to keep (loyalty + other reasons).

I've always used an out-of-date address for Neteller because I move frequently, and it doesn't really matter. For some reason, though, I decided to update them today with my Maltese address. I lived in Germany for a year while using the account, so I naturally assumed it would be no problem. It was. They now say that it is impossible for me to hold a bank account in a country in which I'm not residing. I now have no Neteller account. They're mailing me a check in USD for the amount in the account that I will not be able to cash in Malta. The money I have on various poker sites cannot be removed via Neteller. My only option for that money, I think, is to reactivate my Firepay account (which was closed, probably because I tried to log in with an out-of-country IP address), and that will, I'm sure, end up being a real pain in the butt. Right now, they're asking for a fax of the first page of my bank account and my passport or driver's licence. Hopefully, that will be enough.

My question:

Have any of you managed to overcome anything like this? Any ideas on how I can? I really liked my Neteller account. I liked that their security was tight and the transfers were free and fast. I have family in the States who would send me any Neteller mail if they ever sent any, but the Neteller people wouldn't even consider using one of their addresses as a possibility because I don't reside there.

Am I just beating my head against the wall here?

Thank you, anyone who responds.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Neteller woes - seeking advice

Neteller basically suck for things like this. I moved from Canada to the UK and my account was flagged when I started logging in from a .uk ip. I foolishly told security that I was now resident in the UK and they closed my account. I was told I could reopen my account with a UK bank account, but upon trying that my account was closed because I already had an account with them (the frozen account). After six phonecalls and countless emails, I gave up. I even cc'd copies of emails from neteller reps instructing me to open a new account and then contact them to no avail.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:04 PM

So who did you end up using?

I've contacted Firepay, but no response yet. I also opened a Moneybookers account, but in order to activate the account, I have to do a bank transfer from my US bank to a German bank. I'm not ready to do that for a company I know nothing about.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:04 PM

If you work for an internet poker company, then why not just walk down the hall to the folks who handle the company's interface with Neteller and ask them for help.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:29 PM

Am I the only happy guy on the planet who have Neteller account without registered bank account ?
I admit these posts scare me... maybe one day they will close it too.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:01 PM

I use a combination of IGMPay and Firepay. Works for everything I care about, although I've run into trouble with some of the Prima skins. Moneybookers seems like a solid option too, they handle a ton of the sports book business in the uk.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:44 PM

Please don't answer posts like this. I know it sounds convincing but who forgets their 2+2 login name and then posts their first post asking how to get around Neteller security protocols?

There is a very good chance this guy (and I like the chick name btw, very clever) is a scammer looking for tips on how to overcome Neteller security through poker sites. If that's not the case:

1. Why do you want to overcome these security protocols? They're there for your protection and shouldn't be messed with.

2. You're getting your money, so what's the big deal? Just open an account with another provider, there are many.

3. Do you really think it's a good idea to post these things on public forums that scammers read?

Wake up, people. This crap should be deleted immediately.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:50 PM

Please for the love of God either have a mod make your post a sticky or encourage people to cut and copy this exact response every time some obvious scam artist posts asking about how they can get around neteller or party security. I dont read this forum frequently enough but I shall do so when I see one.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:02 PM

Gee, the solution is simple, if the OP is legit.
Bank account must be in country of residence.
Residing in Malta.
Open a checking account at the Knights Hospitalers Bank or the Credite Falcone in Valletta and set up a Neteller account with that.
If OP is legit, I assume they have a Maltese bank to do business.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:34 AM

I agree this post seems sketchy. However, my having no posts by no means makes me a scammer. I read this forum from work almost daily, but never felt the need to reply or ask anything before; there are enough people on here who have the same questions. I was happy being a lurker until this came up, and I figured an international community of internet poker players would be the best place to ask how to solve it.

I appreciate Neteller's security except in cases where they close my account with no option to reopen it. I've been a loyal customer of them for about three years now. I only haven't used the other ones because Neteller was free for most things.

Anyway, thank you, anyone who responded. Even those of you who thought I was a scammer (and male [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]).