Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 10:29 PM

Default theroy

after yet another day of contiuous bad beats an idea sprang to my head that makes perfect sense to me. the idea is that if u are a winning player you will win in the long run but i think this idea is only partially true and can be compeltly false for some UNLUCKY players and i know alot of ppl will say luck dosent exist in poker but i think now that it does. ill use ollign a die as example. if a die is rolled hundreds of thousands of times enough for well over a propper sample pool the odds of rolling 6's 70-100% of the time is very very slim. however if millions of ppl arround the world started rolling dice just as millions are playing poker there WOULD be some ppl who would be rolling 6's (looosing to suck outs and bad beats) just as i believe there are ppl who are winning poker players who play properly with odds in there favour to be making money but despite that are loosing constantly to bad beats does this make any sense is there anything i am not clear about [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Re: theroy

This is quite true, some people are just prone to bad beats. Luckily for me I am not one of those people, infact I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I have yet to have a bad beat as I'm sure is the case with most of the people who make money. Maybe you should try changing your account, it might be the lucky one!
Old 07-28-2005, 10:47 PM

YOUVE NEVER HAD ONE BAD BEAT NOT ONCE?!?!? are u fuckign kidding me ho wlong have u been playing
Old 07-28-2005, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is quite true, some people are just prone to bad beats. Luckily for me I am not one of those people, infact I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I have yet to have a bad beat as I'm sure is the case with most of the people who make money. Maybe you should try changing your account, it might be the lucky one!

[/ QUOTE ]

me too, moreover, on certain accounts i get a popup window that tells me i will have the best hand by the river. stupid fish keep wondering why i push all-in with 94o and i just keep stackin their chips.

fim
Old 07-28-2005, 11:00 PM

V2.1c now offers overlays, much nicer than the popups. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2005, 11:05 PM

Not even one. Well there was that one time with AA... wait nope I sucked out one that one too. I only have around 50k hands in PT so this could just be because of my small sample size.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:24 PM

I've noticed that since I started 19-tabling the 2/4's, I've been suffering many more bad beats. Suffered a horrible bad beat 15 days ago when a fool caught a straight on the river beating my TPTK for a $15 pot. And then just this morning, a fish caught trips for his pp on the river, stealing a $12 pot from my 2nd pair. When I was 12-tabling, my bad beat rate was one per 34 days. Has anyone else noticed this huge upsurge in bad beats once you started playing the recommended optimum number of tables?

Also, there's a bug in the pop-up windows on the party network. It pops up for up to 16 tables only. When I 19-table, it's like I'm totally playing blind on those last 3 tables. I may have to just stick to 16-tabling until that bug is fixed.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've noticed that since I started 19-tabling the 2/4's, I've been suffering many more bad beats. Suffered a horrible bad beat 15 days ago when a fool caught a straight on the river beating my TPTK for a $15 pot. And then just this morning, a fish caught trips for his pp on the river, stealing a $12 pot from my 2nd pair. When I was 12-tabling, my bad beat rate was one per 34 days. Has anyone else noticed this huge upsurge in bad beats once you started playing the recommended optimum number of tables?

Also, there's a bug in the pop-up windows on the party network. It pops up for up to 16 tables only. When I 19-table, it's like I'm totally playing blind on those last 3 tables. I may have to just stick to 16-tabling until that bug is fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG! You have 19 computers?
Old 07-28-2005, 11:30 PM

No. One computer, 19 monitors.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:33 PM

yeah you are right, it's probably bad luck why you are losing. You are one of the ones destined to be unlucky forever.