Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: favourite movie rants

I'm really enjoying this thread but have to ask. Where do you guys find the verbatim dialogues?
Old 12-29-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really enjoying this thread but have to ask. Where do you guys find the verbatim dialogues?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMDB.com-->main page of desired movie--->scroll down left hand side-->memorable quotes--->world peace.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:38 PM

Ricky Slade: We need guns.

Bobby: We don't need guns.

Ricky Slade: I'm telling you man, i'm pretty sure we need guns.

Bobby: I listened to them and they specifically said we don't need guns.

Ricky Slade: That's all the more reason why you do need a gun.

Bobby: You couldn't even get a gun.
Ricky Slade: You wanna bet, you wanna bet me if i could get a gun?

Bobby: You couldn't get a handjob from the bridge and tunnel posse.

Ricky Slade: That's because that [censored]' girl had issues with the bathtub and the other thing. Now float me a hundred bucks.

Bobby: For what?

Ricky Slade: You wanna see how fast I can get a gun?

Bobby: What happened to your money?

Ricky Slade: I have it, i have some stuff left.

Bobby: How much?

Ricky Slade: I've got like 80.

Bobby: $80!

Ricky Slade: 80 plus five, I've got five in the room, $85.

Bobby: $85, what happened to the 1500?

Ricky Slade: Well you could have picked up a [censored]' tab once in a while!

Bobby: I picked up half the [censored]' tab!

Another classic from that movie...

Ricky Slade: I don't know why we don't get a drink, sittin' inside this place.

Bobby: Chloe wanted to come here.

Ricky Slade: She doesn't know where the hell she is, Bob. She'd have more fun if we were at Bordner's. She could play the trivia game that she likes or the little racing game thing she does .

Bobby: She's a little girl, little girls don't like going to bars.

Ricky Slade: We had fun. We went to bars when we were kids. Met all the different people. Right? When we met Slimmy.

Chloe: Isn't it fun?

Ricky Slade: What's that, sweetie?

Ricky Slade: What's that?

Ricky Slade: What fun?

Chloe: Isn't it fun to paint?

Ricky Slade: To paint? Yeah, I love it! Really calms me down. Frogs aren't purple by the way. Have you ever seen a purple frog?

Chloe: Yes.

Ricky Slade: Yeah. Okay, when? When you were asleep?

Female Salesperson: Excuse me sir, there's no smoking in here.

Ricky Slade: Why, you serving food?

Salesperson: No, it's store policy. And you can't sit at a station without purchasing a ceramic.

Ricky Slade: You believe this [censored]. I can't sit at a station without purchasing a ceramic. Well, why don't you bring me a ashtray then. Can I color me that, a ceramic ashtray?

[after a pottery clerk throws an ashtray on his table]

Ricky Slade: There's a nice way to do that!
Old 12-29-2005, 06:46 PM

Jimmy Dugan: Evelyn, could you come here for a second? Which team do you play for?

Evelyn Gardner: Well, I'm a Peach.

Jimmy Dugan: Well I was just wonderin' why you would throw home when we got a two-run lead. You let the tying run get on second base and we lost the lead because of you. Start using your head. That's the lump that's three feet above your ass.
[Evelyn starts to cry]

Jimmy Dugan: Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying, there's no crying in baseball. Rogers Hornsby was my manager, and he called me a talking pile of pigshit. And that was when my parents drove all the way down from Michigan to see me play the game. And did I cry? NO. NO. And do you know why?

Evelyn Gardner: No, no, no.

Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. There's no CRYING IN BASEBALL. NO CRYING!
Old 12-29-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jimmy Dugan: Evelyn, could you come here for a second? Which team do you play for?

Evelyn Gardner: Well, I'm a Peach.

Jimmy Dugan: Well I was just wonderin' why you would throw home when we got a two-run lead. You let the tying run get on second base and we lost the lead because of you. Start using your head. That's the lump that's three feet above your ass.
[Evelyn starts to cry]

Jimmy Dugan: Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying, there's no crying in baseball. Rogers Hornsby was my manager, and he called me a talking pile of pigshit. And that was when my parents drove all the way down from Michigan to see me play the game. And did I cry? NO. NO. And do you know why?

Evelyn Gardner: No, no, no.

Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. There's no CRYING IN BASEBALL. NO CRYING!

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!!!!! I almost forgot about this one!
Old 12-29-2005, 07:05 PM

El D,

Nicely done. If he's gonna go the gun route, here's the gun rant:

Ricky Slade: Here's scenario B for you Bob, see how you feel about this one. Now I don't know if you've noticed this or not, but I think I'm starting to get under Ruiz's skin as well, OK? It all started with the whole Red Dragon, or the Welsh guy, whatever, they can play it down all they want but you know 200 grand's a lot of [censored] money! It's a [censored] lot of money! OK? 200 grand is definitely a lot of [censored] money! And now I've got Ruiz calling me [censored] Fruit-Pie the [censored] magician! Tellin' me that I can't [censored] call my main man Max, who [censored] sent me out on the [censored] operation? And what about the Welsh guy? He's [censored] scat all over, they [censored] disappear and talk! And you haven't noticed this either but when he's not [censored] looking at me or you're [censored] doing whatever, I've got [censored] Jimmy in the mirror with his [censored] too. It's [censored] coming at me from here, I don't know where it is! It might be coming this way, it might be coming that way, but the [censored] [censored]'s coming and I'm not gonna be late for the [censored] dance man, I'm not gonna be [censored] late for the dance on this one.
Bobby: You're not getting a gun.

Going home to watch Made,
CE
Old 12-29-2005, 07:10 PM

CE,

Actually, the best gun rant would be this mini-rant:

HORRACE
I know what 'strapped' means,
[censored]. What the [censored] you
think this [censored] is? '21 Jump Street?'
Old 12-29-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CE,

Actually, the best gun rant would be this mini-rant:

HORRACE
I know what 'strapped' means,
[censored]. What the [censored] you
think this [censored] is? '21 Jump Street?'

[/ QUOTE ]
What, you gonna step to him Snoop Dogg?

Whoops, wrong movie. Got a little carried away.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:47 PM

I want to tell you a story. I'm going to ask you all to close your eyes while I tell you the story. I want you to listen to me. I want you to listen to yourselves. Go ahead. Close your eyes, please. This is a story about a little girl walking home from the grocery store one sunny afternoon. I want you to picture this little girl. Suddenly a truck races up. Two men jump out and grab her. They drag her into a nearby field and they tie her up and they rip her clothes from her body. Now they climb on. First one, then the other, raping her, shattering everything innocent and pure with a vicious thrust in a fog of drunken breath and sweat. And when they're done, after they've killed her tiny womb, murdered any chance for her to have children, to have life beyond her own, they decide to use her for target practice. They start throwing full beer cans at her. They throw them so hard that it tears the flesh all the way to her bones. Then they urinate on her. Now comes the hanging. They have a rope. They tie a noose. Imagine the noose going tight around her neck and with a sudden blinding jerk she's pulled into the air and her feet and legs go kicking. They don't find the ground. The hanging branch isn't strong enough. It snaps and she falls back to the earth. So they pick her up, throw her in the back of the truck and drive out to Foggy Creek Bridge. Pitch her over the edge. And she drops some thirty feet down to the creek bottom below. Can you see her? Her raped, beaten, broken body soaked in their urine, soaked in their semen, soaked in her blood, left to die. Can you see her? I want you to picture that little girl. Now imagine she's white.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wondering too. They got 'em and fast.

Great reads in this thread by the way.

Sam Jackson's monologue at the end of Pulp Fiction is conspicuously missing, though, as is Dennis Hopper's wops came from [censored] speech in True Romance.