Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2005, 09:39 PM

Default Re: I Know 2+2 Wants To Kill Me For This......

I think this is fuzzy logic. Your comparing preflop EV in an all in situation vs 3-more streets of betting and strategy. You only calculate the EV of the situation at hand, which Stellar did a find job with.

i.e., 55 vs. 87s (50/50 for simplicity's sake), it doesn't matter if it goes 1 bet or 10K bets preflop if and only if betting stops after that round and they see all 5 cards. If you know there is going to be multiple betting rounds, then you can't just blankly say "I'm 50 50 to win this hand." You have to consider how the hand might play out and what factors are involved in computing your preflop EV and whether your investment will show a return.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i.e., 55 vs. 87s (50/50 for simplicity's sake), it doesn't matter if it goes 1 bet or 10K bets preflop if and only if betting stops after that round and they see all 5 cards. If you know there is going to be multiple betting rounds, then you can't just blankly say "I'm 50 50 to win this hand." You have to consider how the hand might play out and what factors are involved in computing your preflop EV and whether your investment will show a return.

[/ QUOTE ]

It assumes that you are going to showdown everytime. So you can comfortably call down your 55 vs 87s and know that you are (55%/45% HU) getting 10% on your money. And if you can fold during those times that you are positive that you are behind than now you are increasing your return.

Right?
Old 12-28-2005, 10:18 PM

Well, yeah.. that makes sense, but I was talking more from 87s position. i.e., say there's no blinds, it's heads up, and 55 "opens" for 1 bet. 87s can't simply say "I'm calling this bet cuz it's 50/50" if he has to fold ~60% of the flops to a bet because he totally missed and now he's a bigger dog and doesn't have correct odds. However, if it's just preflop and then it's an all in situation, then sure, it doesn't matter if it's going 1 bet or 10 jillion.

SW explained nicely the overcards vs. pairs battle.