Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 04:33 PM

Default boring re-raise question

I have 120BB, LP covers, EP has 100BB. LP is 33/8.

Party Poker 50NL (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
3 calls, I check.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets $2 (pot), EP calls, LP min raises to $4, SB folds, Hero raises to $10..

How much should I be re-raising to here?

Is $10 ok?
Old 07-18-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Re: boring re-raise question

Reraising a straight flush draw? Interesting... I was just wondering what is your reasoning behind this.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:40 PM

I'm over 50% to hit by the river, the only thing that is beating me is a set because of the re-draws. I don't want villain seeing a scare card on the turn and then folding to my aggression so its best to get the majority of the money in on the flop. I'm just curious how much others re-raise to in this spot.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:43 PM

Are you raising to isolate the LP, or to get him to fold? It's a good ISO raise, but if I'm trying to take it down right here (and I'd like to) I'll probably do 15.

It's just a feel thing. Are you willing to play for all your chips if he pushes?

Drink More,
RedRum
Old 07-18-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you raising to isolate the LP, or to get him to fold? It's a good ISO raise, but if I'm trying to take it down right here (and I'd like to) I'll probably do 15.

It's just a feel thing. Are you willing to play for all your chips if he pushes?

Drink More,
RedRum

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, definitely. I want overpairs calling me here, or even better, re-raising. I'm not re-raising to isolate or steal the pot.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:46 PM

any reads? your stacks are too big to get all-in on the flop without it being a massive overbet. too bad he didn't make a real raise.

i'd probably call his minraise and try to take it away from him on the turn, but you have to be cautious if you hit your flush or a 5 or T come off. he could be minraising as a freecard play and your flush draw is pretty crappy.

if i were to reraise, i'd probably push despite it being a massive over bet.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:48 PM

$10 is bad; reraise at least the pot size if you must reraise. As you can't easily get it all-in here, flat calling the minraise might've been better.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:54 PM

Only read was the one stated, 33/8.

I don't like calling the min-raise, surely I want to get more money into this flop as the favourite? If a scare card came and he folded to a bet, i'd kick myself. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Still, you guys are probably right, should of re-raised more, might of called an overbet thinking I was trying to steal or something.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much should I be re-raising to here?

Is $10 ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

Enough for EP to fold a flush draw. This means he will also probably fold most mediocre holdings, but you can't win them all (but you can lose them all if you let him stay in with K8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or whatever crap he is playing).
Old 07-18-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$10 is bad; reraise at least the pot size if you must reraise. As you can't easily get it all-in here, flat calling the minraise might've been better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is your reasoning to flat call not to chase the orignal bettor out? I like the re-raising the amount of the pot. I do disagree with the poster in the fact I wouldn't mind a fold here.