Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2004, 03:30 AM

Default Does anybody else call this down?

Party $10/$20, 6-Max.

MP in this hand is very loose, very aggressive, and capable of bluffing. I saw him scoop a huge pot that was capped four ways on the flop a couple of orbits ago with like T4s. That's why I'm sitting down at this table. I think my table image is tightish.

I'm in the BB and dealt 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP limps, SB completes, I check it down.

Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

I bet out, MP raises, BB calls two cold, I call.

Turn is 9s. I check, MP bets, BB folds. I raise. MP 3-bets. I call.

River is 7s. Check, bet, call.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:36 AM

Default Re: Does anybody else call this down?

To answer your question: No

What could he be raising here on the flop? There's no flush draw. The only legitimate straight draw is 7-8. Also, BB cold-calls as well? Once that raise hit the table, I'd be done with this when the action gets around to me (this is especially true since BB stone-called two bets on the flop as well). The raiser has a legitimate hand, and I know it on the flop. Now I that I see his 3-bet on the turn, I'm positive of it.

Garland
Old 01-16-2004, 03:47 AM

wow... I think what you just did was the worst play I have ever read on 2+2. why would you ever open on the flop??? raise the turn???

Old 01-16-2004, 04:16 AM

I opened on the flop because a king will generally open-raise on these tables and the SB checked it to me. I thought there was a good chance that I had the best hand and could take the pot right there, it not being large enough to offer odds to an unmade hand.

I check-raised the turn because I thought MP was full of sh*t, and that I had a credible bluff.

I called MP down because I thought his fast play on the hand indicated that he didn't want to see a showdown. I think he would have called me down if he held a king or some kind of wired pair, and that he'd also have called if he had a 9, and waited for me to bet the river, since he'd likely get an extra BB out of me that way if I was on a bluff.