Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 04-19-2002, 05:38 AM

Default Big Game at Sam\'s Town?

Gossip here I come.

I got off the phone with a friend of mine in Vegas, who is a friend of a dealer at Sam's Town, who has 100x odds at craps. Well, the third-hand rumor is that guys like Brunson and Reese, and maybe others, were there, taking advantage of the high odds. Even though they were losing, Sam's Town decided to lower the max odds to like 25x or 50x to lessen their exposure.

Moreover, the RUMOR has it that they were playing something like 4000-8000 there, because they were looking for a non-descript place to play, away from the strip.

Anybody know anything that either confirms or denies these rumors? Again, I stress that this is all third-hand info, and may be totally incorrect. But hey, it's the gossip forum....

Josh
Old 04-19-2002, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Big Game at Sam\'s Town?

Gummy, do not know about Sams Town but at Harrahs in Vicksburg, Mississippi you get 100x odds, a little stool under the table to pull out and rest on when tired. The best yet is they allow you to bet as little as $1 and take 100x odds and will let you keep your bets up after betting the come if you get crapped out without repeating the come process.

As for any 4000-8000 in Vicksburgh, Mississippi not very likely!! lol

Jimbo

Old 04-19-2002, 09:49 PM

The house edge on a 100x odds crap game is incredibly small. Even though it is still a negative expectation, the idea of catching a hot hand like that is enough to get me to play.. lol.

As far as replacing those cum bets, you can do that anywhere; it is called a put bet.

Good luck all,

Fitz
Old 04-24-2002, 02:39 AM

They were playing at Sam's town Sat. the 20th. I think the guy who runs the Bellagio's cardroom (Bobby Baldwin?) was playing too. I heard he doesn't like playing at his own cardroom because of the potential for a conflict of interest. The dealers kept coming out of their game to my 1-4-8 HE game and saying, "Man those pots were more money than I make in a year".