Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2004, 03:01 PM

Default Re: They play their hand

That is basically what I've been doing (not the calling station part - the tight and stay out of trouble in levels 1-3/4). I guess if I'm ahead so far then I might be doing OK. At least this will hopefully help my short-stack skills because of all the practice I get.
Old 06-08-2004, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Not a single hand won what to do?

Wow... weird to see this thread again.... well i've learned a few tricks after i wrote this 3 months ago.... First of all ... i realize that not going all in with KQ was just plain foolish... and even so... i may have limped in and then tried all in on another hand... becuase K high never holds up for me.... Some of the things i've started doing is throwing all in preflop alot more on my strong cards like AK and pocket pairs.... I used to see a flop and shoot aggressively at it even if i missed... but it made more sense to just go all in preflop with it.... mainly when alot of people limp in behind you.... usually you will get 1 caller.. but once in awhile no one will call an you may win a very decent pot without ever having to hit on the flop..... of course this strategy will backfire when someone is holding some good downcards like... slowplaying AA or whatever... but i find that it works much more often then it doesn't.. and it has really helped me gain chips when the cards aren't falling for me.... and even if you get called... you've still got a decent chance of doubling up if you hold decent cards.... Back when i wrote this i played much too tight.. and much too much on a "system" i've strayed away from that and now i play more by my gut instead of my system.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Not a single hand won what to do?

um..you mean going all in with KQ is foolish, right? because your next sentance is contridictary.