Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2004, 12:01 AM

Default 100 5.50 S&G Results

I charted my last 100 sit&gos on 'stars with the following results:

1st: 21 (22.5*21= 472)
2nd: 15 (13.5*15= 202.5)
3rd: 12 (9*12= 108)
4th: 11
5th: 15
6th-9th: 27

472+202.5+108=782.5-550=232.5/550=.4227

48% in the money
42% roi

in my 6-9 place finishes, after a quick glance over stats, im usually calling a draw allin, walking into a set, or losing with an overpair, and a few coin flips. maybe i should take less risks early? i usually consider myself a tight player early only playing AK/AQ/PP, atleast for the first 2 rounds (when the blinds become 25/50). (with the exception of the 2+2 sng because i was aware that the players i was playing were tighter.)

i also had 26 4-5th place finishes. alot of these tend to come from lost coin flips, or from pushing an ace hard short handed and walking into a medium/high pair. i play especially aggressive when its 4 handed, but i do bring up my aggression level when there are 5 players. either i grab alot of chips or i lose a pot and fall into allin mode. standard casuality of play, or over aggression?

more 3rds than i would like. these usually occur after my stack takes a hit, and i eventually push and get called by a big stack. im going in with the favored hand, and dying to the 78% rule. not often busting on a huge favorite this late though. alot of A high/small pairs.

my headsup play is improving, although i feel my 1st:2nd ratio is fair, i still hope to pull more 1sts in the future.

moving to the 10+1 level.

my bankroll is about 500, i cashed out 100 leaving 400 online. this is plenty for a 10$ level, and after 100 tournaments showing better than a 40% roi i think im ready to move up to the next level.

i expect at the 10$ level there will be twice as many tight players but still huge amounts of errors, huge amounts of maniacs, and people who still wont release their losing hands. i dont expect the 10$ level to be 100% harder than the 5$. any comments?
Old 03-04-2004, 05:26 AM

Default Re: 100 5.50 S&G Results

[ QUOTE ]
i expect at the 10$ level there will be twice as many tight players but still huge amounts of errors, huge amounts of maniacs, and people who still wont release their losing hands. i dont expect the 10$ level to be 100% harder than the 5$. any comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

These comments still apply at the 30+3 level so I doubt you'll notice much difference at 10+1.

EDIT:
Ignore the above - for some reason I interpreted 'Stars' as 'Party'. Only Stoneii's subsequent post awoke me to this. Apologies!
Old 03-04-2004, 05:31 AM

slightly less all-in frequency (slightly) but not much tighter other than that. Occasionally run into some outfit called 2+2 wife swappers playing a $11 two table and they gang up on you but apart from that.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2004, 06:59 AM

My situation sounds nearly identical to yours. I just moved up to the $10 Sit n Go's at Stars from the $5 ones. I started with $50 in late January, and through $5 Sit n Go's (mostly SnG's, but some micro NL games thrown in) it has grown to that $400 level.

Anyway, I'm finding little to no difference in the level of play in the two dozen or so $10 SnG's I've played over the past few days. Perhaps a bit tighter play when you're down to 4/5 guys, but other than that, there is the typical maniacal betting in the early going, and people falling in love with their medium pocket pairs.

If you play tight and hit the flop with your premium hands, you'll get paid off most of the time by people with top pair, poor kicker, or even middle pair or so.

So what I've read on this site seems to be true from my experiences, that there is very poor play at the $10 SnG's on PS, not much different than the $5 ones.

Is your name on Stars JayDoggie?
Old 03-04-2004, 07:20 AM

yes jaydoggie all lowercase. but i dont think casing matters on stars, just spacing. whats yours?
Old 03-04-2004, 10:44 AM

How long time does a Sng take at Stars?

Best regards, Pug
Old 03-04-2004, 10:50 AM

Hi Pug,

The two-table SNGs at Stars typically take about an hour and a half, give or take. I don't know about the one-table SNGs, as I don't play them.

Cris
Old 03-04-2004, 11:19 AM

anywhere between 50-75 minutes. in the lower limits it seems people pass the chips around alot, doubling eachother up over and over. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2004, 11:26 AM

I haven't played $5 tourneys in a while, but my general impression is that you are more likely, in a 9-handed game, to get 8 real idiots at the $5 level simply because it is the entry level game.

At the $10 level, you still have your share of idiots, but I have yet to play a tourney at $10 where I can look at all the players and say that they don't know how to play at all. There are usually at least 1 or 2 other people at the table that I mark as having to watch because they seem to at least know the basics. I think this is because some folks have "moved up the ladder" after cutting their teeth at the $5 level. So you see better play at $10 in that there is a smaller percentage of people who simply don't know what they are doing.

So, there's slightly less dead money at $10, but there's still a lot. I don't think you'll see a marked change in your results going up one level.

CCC
Old 03-04-2004, 11:33 AM

Ok, it's a little longer then at Party where I play.

I'm a new player, but I have read some, and playing tight in the early stages of the tourney. I think that i maybee shall test Stars or any other site which gives some more time for the tight player.

Do you think I'm thinking right, here?

Best regards, Pug