Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 10:36 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)
Default Re: I Don\'t Know Enough to be a Winning Player (QUIZ)

that quiz should come with a disclaimer. i never thought about folding AKo and AKs from the blinds before i took it(or since i took it, for that matter).
Old 12-23-2005, 12:36 PM

a 92,

I think a few of the explainations are questionable.

For example the flat call with the Royal draw?

Folding Jacks with a bettor and caller?

Flat calling the river with the nut flush?

Are these all correct at the game described?
Old 12-23-2005, 12:37 PM

At a tight agressive game with decent players, one pro, one LAG and one Weak-tight player, folding AJo UTG is probably the correct play.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:49 PM

I got a 79- i need to practice more before i get into real games.

"i must say, i think you play well. a video next time would be good if you find it easy. but i think maybe we should talk bankroll/shots at 15/30 at some point."

Apparently stoxtrader doesn't know what hes talking about.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:54 PM

"4. Not three-betting AdKd on a JdTdx flop (he REALLY doesn't understand the math of that situation... not three-betting there is a big error in my opinion)."

I had call down here- but thats because i want to give the two players inbetween a chance to call 2, and the original better to call another one. If i think the other players have no chance of putting in 2 bets then its raising time.

"3. Not-raising a rivered nut flush with a bet in front of you and 3 players left to act behind you."

Thisis especially bad because the other players have shown no interest in the hand at all. If they ahd been betting and calling the turn going for overcalls might be correct, but there is no way they are calling unless they hit something- in which case they could easily call 2.

#1 and #2 are just [censored] weak tight. and i know weak tight.

Edited by W. Deranged for decency reasons...
Old 12-23-2005, 01:08 PM

You know what really pisses me off? There is no wasy to contact him to tell him what a nit he is. Jesus man, people pay this guy for this?

Q1 wrong.
Q2.right
Q3 wrong
Q4 wrong
Q5 - what a stupid question- the answer depneds on what the other players do inbetween you and the raiser.
Q6. Wrong, so very wrong
Q7 Wrong so very, very wrong
Q8. right
Q9 right- hey he got 2 in a row!
Q10 debateable- but whawt a dumb ass question. Can you play a nut flush draw with 2 overs and a gutshot in a big pot with many players incorrectly?
Q11 Wrong.
Q 12 wrong "i don't like stealing blinds much" = "i don't like making money" at higher limits.
Q13 only correct if you need to change your tampon and have to rush to the bathroom, which i suspect happens a fair amount to rolf.
Q14. wrong.

Holy [censored]- in question 4- if you fold the nuts on the river you get 2 points!!! The worst possible play in holdem, and he gives you 2 points for it.

By his scoring standards but with the correct answers in order he got a 78.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:36 PM

Yeah his scoring system is pretty messed up as is, but I don't see how folding the nut flush for one bet can be worth anything other than -10 under this system.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah his scoring system is pretty messed up as is, but I don't see how folding the nut flush for one bet can be worth anything other than -10 under this system.

[/ QUOTE ]

he is scared of the straight flush
Old 12-23-2005, 01:38 PM

The quiz was quite bad, but I definitely like the idea in itself. A quiz in the same spirit as the excellent chess book "Test Your Positional Play", where points are awarded for your decisions, and both the correct and wrong answers are discussed and important concepts are illustrated.

Such a quiz would certainly be appreciated by many; perhaps one of the Pooh-bahs could make one and have it published in the "Two Plus Two Internet Magazine" [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're in the big blind with Ah 3h. There have been no raises, five people see the flop Td 8h 5h. You have checked and called the flop (seat # 4 has been the bettor) and all four remaining players have checked the turn (Ks). A third heart comes on the river (9h)

if you get reraised, your hand might not even be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

So hes afraid of a straight flush. I give his advice 0 merrit.