Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-05-2005, 10:34 AM

Default 30+3 hand that I never know what to do.

Table has been pretty tight. I've been opening about once an orbit and taking it down with cont. bets. Average stack is 3400. I have around 4500. 170 left, top 120 cash. I've only shown down one hand which was a set against AK. The chip leader just sat down across the table and has 18K.

100/200 Blinds

I open in MP1(4500) with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] to 500.
Folds to the CO who pushes for 2100.
Big stack from the button calls. Folds back to me.

Is this a push, fold, or stop and go? 100% sure the big stack isn't going to check it down.

Normally I would fold 66 and down and AQ and down here, but 77 just makes me feel [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2005, 11:00 AM

Default Re: 30+3 hand that I never know what to do.

I think the stop and go is the only way, if there even is a way to get the big stack off this hand. If you call you'll be left with 2400 correct? The pot will be 6600 with you first to act. The big stack will have about 16k. Now the range of hands you must put the big stack on is pretty large considering u have no read. But I would say you're not in good shape. You've gotta include all overpairs and a whole bunch of over cards. granted the normal play with a hand better than yours is an isolation raise by the big stack unless he's got a hugr hand but with his stack and no read its a real tough range. ANYWAY... since your first to act, betting ur 2400 on the flop no matter what is the only way I see you getting big boy to fold. He obviosuly comes if you move in PF and hey you might be a slight fav but with the stop and go atleast u give him the chance of folding. I can't see however me folding on the flop with much considering I'd be getting almost 4-1. A limp with 77 wouldnt be a bad play but I like your raise.