Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 11-02-2005, 04:37 PM

Default mouse lag

I have a dell laptop, 1.86ghz 1.25gb ram
i have logitech mx1000 installed, and the touchpad
When 4 tabling, somtimes i get severe mouse lag. It is only when i have to act.
Any ideas on how to fix it.
I looked at contorl panel.. mouse... i turned off all the fancy stuff, didn't help.
I also unplugged my logitech, didn't help.
Could it really be processor, ram related?
All help appreciated.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:04 PM

Default Re: mouse lag

Very odd. Sounds like the CPU gets overloaded. When is the last time you did a defrag on your hard drive?
Old 11-03-2005, 02:26 PM

good idea. it needs defrag according to the analyzer. I will try it and report back
Old 11-03-2005, 02:36 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

there is virtually no chance that defragmenting will help. it's possible that you're having cpu/io spikes while playing if you're using pokertracker and some sort of heads up display while you play and your computer isn't particularly fast. you can check your cpu/memory utilization by hitting ctrl-shift-esc and looking at the performance tab while you play.

it could also be usb lag. even if the bus isn't saturated some devices will spaz out when specific other things are active. you could try plugging the mouse into a ps/2 (small round circular) port. you'll need to either use or remove the adapter that came with the mouse when you bought it. if doing that corrects the problem, it's likely a usb issue and you should start looking at anything else that's plugged into a usb port.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:57 PM

You aren't, by chance, using a Dell mousepad are you?

This may sound out there, but I had a problem with more then one dell mousepad that came with their computers not workign properly with optical mice and it would cause the pointer to stop moving over certain parts of the pad.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:42 PM

thanks, the defrag didn't help much. Im pretty convinced its the pokertracker+PAHUD 1.0 combo. Not much i can do i guess. Maybe ill try vacuuming my databases.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:45 PM

think i found the problem.... looks like teh custom cards im using are slowing down PAHUD on showdown there is a thread in the software forum ill have to check out.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:23 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

you can confirm pahud's cpu utilization in the task manager to determine if it's causing the spike.