Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2003, 09:33 PM

Default Wow... I actually made a relatively big river laydown...

I don't make many of these, so I figured I'd post here to see people's thoughts..

15-30 game at Commerce. An hour before, I was stuck 2 1/2 racks for the session (yikes!) but had recently hit several big hands and picked up 2 racks in the course of about 45 minutes, so it was pretty safe to say that I was running over the table at this point.

A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] UTG. I raise... three cold-callers and the big blind. Flop is J [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]. BB checked and I checked. Checked around. Turn is the A [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]. BB checks, I bet, all fold to button who raises. BB folds and I call. River is the K [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]. I check, button bets, and I fold.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Wow... I actually made a relatively big river laydown...

majorkong,

I don't think it matters so much whether this particular laydown was right or even good. I think it's a great play to have in your bag because sometimes it's bound to be right and you're bound to know it, but if you always auto call, well, there's no point in knowing or feeling anything. So in that way, good laydown.

And I don't think this is a case of you-should-have-folded-on-the-turn-if-you-are-planning-to-checkfold-the-river. Not only because you have the ace outs. But because he might check behind with a hand you can beat, and because there's more vibes to be had on the river before you have to decide.

Adding support to your checkfold on the river is your check on the flop and bet when the ace came. Transparency can be good, especially up front. Ni han.

Tommy
Old 06-13-2003, 01:58 AM

Default Re: Wow... I actually made a relatively big river laydown...

hi major, hi tommy
vibes and big laydowns, feeling, deception,....right, right. THAT'S IT!! you have given me a great idea.