Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 01:07 AM

Default splitter box question

I have a compaq presario 2100 laptop with a Radeon IGP 320M video card. What I want to do if possible is to hook up two additional 2001fp monitors to my computer. I have run one additional 2001fp off my laptop and am trying to figure out a way to run another (3 total screens, 2 x 2001fps and my laptop screen). I asked someone at bestbuy and he said to get a splitter box. My question is will I need another video card if I get a splitter box. Also a splitter box will make it so I have 3 individual screen images (not just putting the same image onto two screens) right? I want to be able to 8 table (4 each on the 2001fps) and do other things and have the lobbys on my laptop screen. I am just trying to figure out how to do it (if it is possible). Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks
Old 08-15-2005, 02:31 AM

Default Re: splitter box question

Hmmmm....does your card support 3 screens? I've never heard of a splitter box (Maybe the BestBuy guy was talking about a KVM Switch), but any signal that comes out of your laptop is going to be for a single monitor. If you split the signal, you're going to see the same thing on two screens.

I don't think you can do what you're trying to do.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:14 AM

Default Re: splitter box question

My video card how can I tell if it suports 3 screens? Thanks again