Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2005, 06:19 PM

Default AA with a couple interesting decisions.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (11 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 13 BB

A few things I would like pointers on:

i) I just called the 3 bet as I thought 4 betting would be unlikely to make them make a mistake. I planned to pop the turn. Also, capping the flop makes it less likely I can get 2 bets in on the turn. I figured Some KT type hand was most likely for a raiser, as most likely a set would slowplay. If I was 3 bet on the turn I would think about giving it up.

ii) The turn card was pretty ugly. Given my inital read and the flop action, does anyone let this one go?
Old 01-14-2005, 08:34 AM

Default Re: AA with a couple interesting decisions.

bump
Old 01-14-2005, 09:03 AM

Cap the flop, when you have the best hand you're making money on every bet going in.

Raise the turn to try and get SB out, MP obviously isn't folding but he doesn't nessecarily have a T. If he 3bets I call down.

The river I raise if MP didn't 3bet the turn, if he did I call - although your hand will hold up a bit less often on this board than certain others you're still good regularly.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:03 AM

Looks good to me. You are likely to loose to a ten, but there is no way you should fold this.

-aron
Old 01-14-2005, 09:33 AM

Hmm 0_o Does everyone play limit hold'em?

I never play limit hold'em, and i've realised that the situations where you fold AA in hold'em are rare.

At first sight i thought this was an easy laydown, but then again it's not.

I would say SB sits with a pocket pair 99, 77, 66 or so. I don't like your call on the turn though, i think you should raise here, for one main reasons: see where you stand in the pot, and find out if he has the T, he'll probably re-raise with a hand that beats you and call with a hand that you beat. If he caps your turn-raise, you should fold.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:48 AM

Hey partygirl,

I think either capping the flop or smooth calling the 3bet to raise the turn is fine. Turn card sucks and I probably play it the way you do, unless you have a specific read on your opponent. I play Party 1/2, whereas the players at Stars 1/2 are a bit tougher, nevertheless I probably call this one down
Old 01-14-2005, 10:08 AM

Just curious, why not raise his bet on the turn? I can't see a hand that the opponent would just call with that would beat AA, if the opponent raises her AA is most likely beat.