Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-24-2005, 03:39 AM

Default KK vs scary board

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero ...

Villain is very laggy
Old 12-24-2005, 03:43 AM

Default Re: KK vs scary board

Well I'm not raising, and I'm definitely not folding...
Old 12-24-2005, 04:12 AM

Unless he's absolutely off his rocker the dude slowplayed 2 pair, a set or da straight and even calling the river is probably -EV. Even the most dedicated Tazes tend to slump down at a 3-bet bullet on the turn. Call and expect to lose 99.44% of the time.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:27 AM

Dont fold the river. What do you think beats you??? Maybe a straight but the pot is big.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:05 AM

Withou reads I'd just call down that river. The cap on the Turn can't be read accurately, and you are either WA/WB.

When he bet pre-flop he could well be loose with a v.small PP, and hit the set. Which I think is most likely, a lot of people limp from anywhere with 22 through 77.

If he flopped holding A5/A5s, or even more so 56s be glad you are playing on this table. And slighlty annoyed he flopped a monster with it. In particular A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] makes me cry. Without reads I'm not sure I'd put the three-bet in even, but I play quite tight tables normally and give my opponents credit for being Bad-Tricky(pre-flop)-Passive-Aggressive until I showdown with them at least once or twice to get a feel. The tricky pre-flop isn't that they are any good, it's just they could be playing anything from anywhere.

Be glad his pre-flop is loose if he beats you, and more glad if you beat him with QQ that it's so tight. Either way learn something about him [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think QQ is OOTQ, btw.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless he's absolutely off his rocker the dude slowplayed 2 pair, a set or da straight

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure its this bad; villain maybe going nuts with Q's and a good kicker (he didn't show a whole lot of strength before that)

I agree with the call but I'd only be prepared to loose about 75% of the time [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2005, 10:23 AM

Well I just cant fold here for one BB against a lag, even after capped turn. Its probably -EV but I want to see what he limped with. Probably a low PP and if I fold a TAG at the table may start to take shots at me on scary boards. I dont want that.

With any luck villian will stick around and/or youll meet villian again and the read will well worth that final BB on the river.