Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Was folding this set of 2\'s correct?

Villian has been playing tag as far as I've paid attention. I've got into some pf battles w/ him, but never past pf. He'll at least backoff pf when he knows he's beat. Other than that I don't have much of a line on his play.

My thinking on the flop was to continue to let him bet my hand and cr on turn. Then the turn scared me and my thinking on the hand changed. He didn't seem to be scared of the flush card on turn, so it wasn't till this point that I considered he might have been raising a draw. Do you think I gave him too much credit for a bigger hand than me? Tear into me. This is my first HH post [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP2 ($92.70)
Hero ($98.70)
CO ($88.60)
Button ($83)
SB ($121.08)
BB ($213.30)
UTG ($60.55)
UTG+1 ($85.40)
MP1 ($160.80)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $1, CO calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($4) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $7</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls $5.

Turn: ($18) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $12</font>, Hero calls $12.

River: ($42) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $35</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $77
Old 12-21-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Was folding this set of 2\'s correct?

Why are you checking that turn? It doesn't look like he has the flush. I would bet the turn and river. He didn't raise flop so he doesn't have a set of AA or QQ.
Bet the turn and river.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:53 PM

Reraise the flop and try and get it in. Why would you wait until the turn to check raise with a board like this. He clearly likes his hand. Get the money in or make him pay for his draw.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:57 PM

reraise flop. Push turn. You must hate money to fold this
Old 12-21-2005, 02:01 PM

I agree I totally bumbled this play. I wish I woulda came over top on flop in hindsight. I was getting too greedy as I do w/ sets. Would a blocking bet on river been good given my turn play? And would you fold to big raise?

As played I really felt I was beat on river.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:02 PM

call
Old 12-21-2005, 02:06 PM

Yuck. Misplayed every street. I can't decide if failure to 3-bet the flop, lead the turn or call turn/fold river on non-scare card is the worst play.

Make a real bet on the flop and 3-bet hard. Turn is all-in. If he is a TAG, he isn't chasing a flush. Never slow play a set, especially a set of 2's.

You hit a great flop for 22 and now you are afraid to bet it and eventually wind up folding it?
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I will end my post with these words of wisdom from TWP (HOF SSNL poster): "Stop being a pansy."
Old 12-21-2005, 02:09 PM

I'm afraid of flush as I put him on draw after the fact. He obviously wasn't concerned I might have flush even though my flop bet/call could be seen as a semibluff/call on a flush draw.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yuck. Misplayed every street. I can't decide if failure to 3-bet the flop, lead the turn or call turn/fold river on non-scare card is the worst play.

Make a real bet on the flop and 3-bet hard. Turn is all-in. If he is a TAG, he isn't chasing a flush. Never slow play a set, especially a set of 2's.

You hit a great flop for 22 and now you are afraid to bet it and eventually wind up folding it?
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I will end my post with these words of wisdom from TWP (HOF SSNL poster): "Stop being a pansy."

[/ QUOTE ]

YES! That is what I wanted to hear. I just needed to hear it from someone more knowledgable than me I guess. Very helpful advice. Much appreciated.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:14 PM

You are very welcome. Don't be a stranger on the boards. Keep posting hands. I guarantee you are not the only person who does things like this.