Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Caesar\'s Las Vegas ?

[ QUOTE ]
Caesar's AC only spreads low limit; $2/4, $3/6, $1/2 NL, & $1/5 7CS, No Omaha H/L. They do run tournaments though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Caesar's IN spreads 2-4, 4-8, 6-12, 10-20 (full Kill), 20-40, and sometimes higher, 1-2NL, 2-5NL,5-5NL (on occasion) 3-5 O/8 (full kill) 10-20 O/8 (half kill), 2-10 stud, 30-60 stud, 50-100 stud (on occasion) PL Omaha (high Only) Wednesday and Fridays.

the o/8 games don't go very often nor does the 50-100 stud. PL Omaha is like clockwork on Wednesday. They always have 1-2 NL and 2-5NL holdem and 10-20 limit holdem is a solid game but the higher limits don't always go.

The moral of this post is they might spread anything in Vegas. I would expect they would have a 2-4 or even a 1-2 holdem game for beginners.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:41 AM

They interviewed the poker room guy for caesars on cold pizza. Really wasn't paying close attention but the show is replayed right away so the interview will be on around 10:20 EST (ESPN2) maybe a little later than that.

I do remeber him talking about the tourney room and that they would have daytime and nightime daily tournies.h
Old 12-06-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PL Omaha (high Only) Wednesday and Fridays. the o/8 games don't go very often nor does the 50-100 stud. PL Omaha is like clockwork on Wednesday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any other info on the PL Omaha? Blinds? Buyins?
Old 12-06-2005, 03:47 PM

Does anyone know particulars about room rates? (required hours of play)
Old 12-06-2005, 07:02 PM

Hi KC,

8 hours of play per day will get you a room rate of $199 weekend - $119/120 weekdays.

You can average out the hours (say... 10, 10 & 4).

Best of Luck

Howard
Old 12-06-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Since they have a separate tourny area, I wonder if they will have some kind of tournament going almost all the time, as it wouldn't require them to occupy cash-game tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw an advertisement in a CardPlayer or other such publication that said the Tourney area will be for Sit n goes, 24 hours a day, with scheduled daily tournaments that are either 2 or 3 times a day.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:29 PM

The moral of this post is they might spread anything in Vegas. I would expect they would have a 2-4 or even a 1-2 holdem game for beginners.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll bet they definitely spread 2/4, 3/6 OR 4/8, 1/2 NL, 2/5 NL, & 1/5 7CS. Other than that, who knows ?
On the Caesar's website it does mention they'll have Stud & Omaha as well. I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PL Omaha (high Only) Wednesday and Fridays. the o/8 games don't go very often nor does the 50-100 stud. PL Omaha is like clockwork on Wednesday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any other info on the PL Omaha? Blinds? Buyins?

[/ QUOTE ]

Caesar's, IN just to make sure everyone knows I am talking about Indiana, not Vegas, AC or anywhere else.

I have never played the Pot Limit Omaha but I am 99% sure it has three blinds. $10-10-20 and don't be suprised if there is a $40 live straddle on almost every hand. Some nights they straddle a lot some nights not.

The minimum buyin is around $500, there is no MAX buyin and there are often some serious stacks at the table. Did I mention it is played for high only?
Old 12-07-2005, 02:23 PM

It should be noted that Wynn's grand opening wasn't quite as grand as it was hyped up to be. Caesar's will be opening a big room, that's a fact. But does that mean it will immediately make the news as the grandest and most spectacular room in town? Not necessarily

Look at MGM. Great room, I happen to love it. But it didn't just make bellagio obsolete overnight. After being open a while, it's a low-limit-no-limit player's heaven. They have lots of 1-2 and 2-5 action, with a fairly regular 5-5 blinds game. They rarely have 6-12, which I happen to like, and also rarely anything higher limit wise, like 10-20 or 20-40. The reason for this is probably the fact they spread too many limit games too close together. 6-12 has little chance of getting started if there's a 4-8 1/2 kill game going. Too many 2-4/3-6/4-8 games mean little chance of higher limit games getting started. Bellagio and Mirage, in keeping their limit games spread apart, have more success in keeping a diversity of limit games going on a regular basis.

Wynn has made some mistakes that have hurt them greatly when it comes to competing with bellagio for the high limit games, but they have done some things right too, at least for the no limit and 4-8, 8-16 players. These have been discussed in great detail on this forum, so I won't re-hash them here.

Let's not forget that venetian is about to open a big room too. Will they have a recipe for instant success? Will caesar's? It's FAR from a certainty. One very likely scenario is that you'll wind up with yet another room filled with low-limit-no-limit, plus 2-4, 3-6, 4-8 games, and little else. Success over a broad spectrum of games depends on many factors, and very few have gotten enough of them right to compete across the spectrum of play (basically only mirage and bellagio have done enough right to have a wide diversity of games and limits).

So it remains to be seen what will happen with caesar's.

al
Old 12-07-2005, 03:17 PM

Nice post Capone. I thought MGM had a good opening. Too bad they can't get red chip "limit" games there.

btw, I just talked to the guy at Caesar's Palace poker. He's confident they will get stud & Omaha.

FWIW, In the hold'em games......
the plan is to mirror the Mirage. $3-6, $6-12, $10-20, $20-40,etc.

Best Wishes

Howard