Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-27-2005, 09:46 PM

Default TPNK with some history, river...

Some history on this opponent. Earlier I led out with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on a K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] board in a multiway unraised pot (he limped OTB), he raised, I 3-bet, and he called. I bet a 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] turn and checked a 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] river. He checked behind with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Overall he seems slightly loose and slightly passive. He has been folding more at this table than anyone other than me, though.

On to the hand. UTG raises. He's kinda LAG, seems that he might be tilting. Bad overall. He's coldcalled by MP, a semi-calling station, and CO, who isn't great but doesn't stand out as terrible (he's loose and kinda passive, likes suited cards preflop but doesn't have much of a semblance of a postflop game). SB, the villain from the past hand, calls as well. I call in the BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. 5 to the flop for 10SB.

The flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB bets. I raise. Everyone else folds. Two to the turn, 7BB.

The turn is the 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB checks. I bet. He calls. Two to the river, 9BB.

The river is the T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB checks. I...
Old 11-27-2005, 09:56 PM

Default Re: TPNK with some history, river...

Bet and get value from his 7 or 9.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:07 PM

is this passive player ever leading this flop with a 7 or 9? it's 5 way, he's first to act, UTG raised preflop, and the flop is K high.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is this passive player ever leading this flop with a 7 or 9? it's 5 way, he's first to act, UTG raised preflop, and the flop is K high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not always, but I do think sometimes. Maybe I am wrong there though. If you don't think he would lead these hands, obviously check the river.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:26 AM

I think you should check. Hope to chop or that he has hearts. If you bet and are called I don't see you scooping this one very frequently, if ever.

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-28-2005, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should check. Hope to chop or that he has hearts. If you bet and are called I don't see you scooping this one very frequently, if ever.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-28-2005, 11:25 AM

i like a check.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:56 PM

On the flop, your hand is a combination of possibly best plus a backdoor flush and weak backdoor straight. I think that the flop decision is very close and good arguments can be made for folding, calling and raising.

If you think that the villain would only bet a better King then that would favor folding or calling. If you think that he would bet a draw or pair + ace, then that would favor raising.

Lost Wages