Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 08-14-2005, 11:21 AM

Default AA hand...

Its been a while since I posted a hand since I cant use the converter, but I was curious about this one.

Party 6max.

Hero: $169
Villian: $55

I am under the gun with: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
VIllian is immediatelly after me.

Hero raises [$1.75].
Villan raises [$6].

Everyone Folds to Hero.

Hero raises [$17].
Villain calls [$12.75].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero?

At this point, the villain only had about $0.75 more than the pot. I decided to bet it because he might fold, and if he doesnt, im still around 40% to win. Anyone play differently?
Old 08-14-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Re: AA hand...

Seeing as you have the odds to call on the flop if he all ins and there is hardly any chance of him outdrawing you if he is behind, it's best to check the flop and let him hang himself with nothing and bet the pot on the turn if he checks when he probably has developed a straight draw. If you just bet on the flop, he folds all losers and gets your cash for free if he has a flush.

Of course, if you feel he won't bet without a flush, then check it all the way and hope for a showdown. I haven't played a lot of PLO, but what I have noticed is that decent hands get to see a showdown when they are winning with scary boards ( I've been playing party $25), so you don't have to be as afraid of him bluffing on the river if you check all the way like you would in holdem. Any thoughts?
Old 08-14-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Re: AA hand...

Betting is standard. You are the favorite to have the best hand, and are cerainly drawing live (if you are drawing)

Checking is also okay. (I'm assuming your first to act) It is unlikely any turn card can beat you. So you might try and induce a bluff from an aggressive opp. He may also bet an ace, hoping you have KK or worse.