Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
Just wish the timer online was longer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-01-2005, 04:49 PM

If you never folded here, it wouldn't be much of a leak. I just don't think it's something to worry about.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you never folded here, it wouldn't be much of a leak. I just don't think it's something to worry about.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. I would say that if you always folded here, it wouldn't be much of a leak.

Would you fold nut flush on this board and action? Consider that your hand is only nut flush plus one.

I love amoeba's reverse read, that opponent puts you on nut flush and is no longer afraid of it. Since everything that beats nut flush also beats you, lay it down.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:00 PM

Ok, but playing against you I push any A on this river 100% of the time. So how is that not a leak to fold here?
Old 06-01-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Facing a river all-in with low FH. NL100 - 6max

It's a call. If he had a hand that beats yours, why wouldn't he check/raise? What could you possibly call this push with? If you have a flush, you will call a check/raise or at least will value bet it and he will gain more than blowing you off your hand like this. This looks a lot more like desperation than a monster.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, but playing against you I push any A on this river 100% of the time. So how is that not a leak to fold here?

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL! Because you are lying. Anyway, as I said above, if you have seen the opponent make the "move of honor" more often than is appropriate, you call. But against a relatively unknown opponent, I stick with always fold as the correct move.

You didn't answer my question. Would you have folded nut flush here?
Old 06-01-2005, 05:10 PM

You keep claiming that's the same, but it really isn't. If I had the nut flush, then villain could have 22. If I have 22, then A7 is literally the only reasonable hand that beats me here.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You keep claiming that's the same, but it really isn't. If I had the nut flush, then villain could have 22. If I have 22, then A7 is literally the only reasonable hand that beats me here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good point. However, I think AA, KK, and 77 are not out of the question, here, either. Lots of players at these tables want so badly to trap you they could have slowplayed AA/KK from the beginning (then froze up with the flush got there on the turn). Heck, I would have played AA that way about 5% of the time.

Anyway, I stick with my opinion, which, you'll note, I stated in the very first reply to this note, long before results were posted. By an unknown player, the huge overbet usually means a very strong hand -- the nuts on an unpaired board and at least a full house on a paired board.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:34 AM

you limp AA multiway from the small blinds?