Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 06-01-2005, 10:17 AM

Default Re: AA against 2 other players

FWIW, I probably lose my stack on hand no. one. With the J9 and two diamonds on board, it's easy to put your two callers on draws, so you have to keep making them pay. I push the turn as well. I would expect to lose to JJ or maybe 99, but your ahead of the usual suspects so a majority of the time you'll win unless they make their draws.

I think you know this too, but you got spooked by a guy holding a singleton 9. I know the feeling. A few days ago, I had AA cracked by K4o when a second 4 hit the turn (this at the $50 NL tables). It stings for a few moments, but then the name goes on the buddy list, and you know that that player is your friend until he inevitably goes broke.

Hand two is why it is NEVER correct to slow play aces against at low limits with a never ending cycle of RANDOM opponents.

But you know this too....

-salloch
Old 06-01-2005, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You make me sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-01-2005, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You make me sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-01-2005, 12:34 PM

I think your call on 4th street is fine. Like I said, there are a few other things villain could have had post-flop that justify a call there, not to mention that even if villian does have the nine, you still have two outs to the aces. I know I would have raised there -- there's no reason to fold everytime the board pairs. I was simply saying it was reasonable for that person to be in for fourth street given the play up to that point.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
someone respond. I respond to your threads.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, 1 hour 34 minutes elapsed between your original note and this one.

Anyway, I would have ended up all in on the first hand. However, I'm not so happy about your play of either one (though you didn't give stack sizes on the second one, so it is hard to judge).

Before the cards are dealt, you should be thinking about the stack sizes and the texture of the game. Your stack is 60 BBs, and the only opponent you list is 40 BBs. Generally, you should be willing to put in 40-50 BBs on TPTK or an overpair, especially with aces, where there is no risk of another overpair that beats yours.

When considering the texture of the game, this one is obviously very loose, at least preflop. Therefore, don't bother with trying to be deceptive and limping preflop with your AA. Just raise away and someone will call. Again, you should have these plans in your head even before the cards are dealt.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:10 PM

I'm not sure that I would have pushed all in on the first hand because of my limited stack. I think that you should have protected your hand on the flop with a larger raise, rather than trying to "sandbag" aces, which is never a good idea, especially in a NL game with a limited stack. Personally, I would have raised on the flop all in, rather than give him a chance to get lucky on the turn or river with a crazy draw. Also, this eliminates the confusion that he creates on later rounds because you would know where he stands.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:38 PM

First, please use the hand converter when posting hands. Second, I don't mind the second hand so much if you were trying to reraise a subsequent raiser. But, I think when you have six callers you need to let it go a lot quicker.

Regarding the first hand, it is my opinion that the 3x BB raise at the micro limits is not nearly enough. Make it 5-6x the BB. I think pushing the turn, with a pair on the baord and two opponents, is pretty darn bad. By that point in the hand, AA is a defensive hand, not an offensive play.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:14 PM

you asked for advice, you got it.. it may have been a little harsh, but if you don't want the advice, dont ask for it.

bottom line is you blasted the hell out of hand #1 right after the board paired. dumb move.

hand #2 your limped w/ AA, dumb move.

accept the fact that you misplayed the hands and move on. learn to take constructive criticism.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
accept the fact that you misplayed the hands and move on. learn to take constructive criticism.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, to be fair, my criticism wasn't really constructive.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You make me sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]