Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 04-25-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Re: The Turn

I say call. Capping might slow things down on the turn, though, so I'm not sure.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Folds and swears at himself for not raising preflop.

I'm thinking you're facing a flush draw, a straight draw, and a T or overpair in this field.

The three non-diamond 8s split the pot for you with another 9; call these 1.5 outs.
The diamond 8 gives the pot to the diamond flush: 0.5 outs.
The diamond 9 gives the pot the the diamond flush: 0.5 outs.
The heart 9 gives the pot to a possible 8: 0.5 outs.

That's 3 effective outs, with every actual out on the board dirty. You're getting 10.5:1 odds and you're facing a field of four opponents doing things like betting, raising, and calling two cold: you've got to bail.

Swear and fold.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:09 PM

I would say that this is a clear call just because the other two options suck. Capping would only be for equity and I don't think you have that against a likely overpair and a two flush board. This pot is gigantic though and you are getting 11:1 on your call with what I would judge to be at least 4 outs so folding is out. I call and if it gets capped behind me I am bailing on the turn unless I hit one of my outs most likely.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:18 PM

against popular opinion i would fold. i think that i would have raised after SB's bet. of course then the action might have been different and i wouldnt have had to fold.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:31 PM

Looks like its time to fold. 10.5 to 1 is nice, but like Pokey said you don't have more than 3 clean outs, and I can't see your 9s winning here unimproved often enough to justify a call. The only way I could see you being ahead here (assuming MP1 and SB aren't total maniacs)is if MP1 raised with a flush draw to get a free card and SB 3bet with overcards + flush draw but that just seems way too unlikely.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:45 PM

you're getting better than the 10.5 to 1 that everyone is talking about, mp3 is coming along for the ride and possibly utg+1 will call 2 more here. the only question is whether mp1 caps or just calls, i think he calls more often in this spot because he has top pair more often than a monster. so basically you're looking at 11.5 to 1 as long as mp1 doesn't cap, and possibly up to 12.5 if ugt comes along.

despite the board being 2 toned, you have to give yourself at least 4.5 outs here, probably loser to 5.

that and the pot is freaking huge guys, you shouldn't be trying to fold in this spot if your hand still has a shot and you're getting a fair price. if it gets capped behind you, ohh well.

i'd call.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:00 AM

Default Carrying on....

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (13.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: (16.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ......</font>
Old 04-26-2005, 01:05 AM

Default Re: Carrying on....

Honestly, this is why I advocated folding the flop reraise.

You've hit one of your outs, but now you don't know if it's fool's gold or not. If you bet this and MP1 raises you, you pretty much have to call, at which point you bleed an extra 4 big bets on this hand when you lose to the flush. Back at the flop, your outs were so dirty that even if they hit -- ANY of them -- you could still wind up losing. Given that the turn and river streets are so much more expensive, this is a hand that is designed to cost you lots of money.

On this river, I check/call and pay off MP1's flush. You've got the odds to see it now, and you might be good, but I'm not feeding the pot.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:10 AM

Default Re: Play Along...This One\'s Really Tough IMO

damn, you guys are weak. raise the flop. don't fold. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT FOLDING. even when you call and it's 2 bets back to you DON'T THINK ABOUT FOLDING. RAISE RAISE RAISE RAISE. you might have the best hand, you have a gut shot, the pot is huge, you want people out. GET PEOPLE OUT OF THE DAMN POT BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY
Old 04-26-2005, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Play Along...This One\'s Really Tough IMO

[ QUOTE ]
damn, you guys are weak. raise the flop. don't fold. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT FOLDING. even when you call and it's 2 bets back to you DON'T THINK ABOUT FOLDING. RAISE RAISE RAISE RAISE. you might have the best hand, you have a gut shot, the pot is huge, you want people out. GET PEOPLE OUT OF THE DAMN POT BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY

[/ QUOTE ]

welcome back [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]