Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Paying the donkey? Or playing the donkey?

I think you played it fine maybe pot the turn if you are even 75% sure he has a flush draw. If you know you don't beat anything here fold the river. I know it is hard and I have made the calls too but just take your hand off the mouse take all the time bank and think it over. I know you have a bunch of chips in the middle but you can still come back from this and win.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:08 PM

Check turn. If he bets turn I c/r all in. If he checks I bet 1200 on river and fold to a raise. I think you have to control this pot somehow. As you played it, a lot depends on the timing of his turn call. I probably check here and make my decision based on the amount of his river bet. But you definitely can't be afraid to fold the river.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not bet larger on the flop to reduce his odds to draw to his flush Maybe 2x the pot? Yes you are making the pot bigger, but he has to make a bigger call, reducing his odds on the flop.

If he calls that bigger bet, then you can definitely put him on an Ace or Set. Now it is up to you to decide what happens on the turn. Me - I might bet 2x pot on the flop and then push on the turn. If he is going to draw to his flush, it will cost him everything. If he has a set, oops... If he has AK, well the rail is nice...

Tough hand actually. I hate cold callers...

[/ QUOTE ]

You've already overcharged him for any draws with the flop bet. Any more is just spewing chips if you're called (because you're BEAT), and guaranteeing draws will never pay you and always fold. You may want to look at a possible massive leak in your game...
Old 10-07-2005, 07:04 PM

You cant confirm that this is a WA/WB situation. Villain could have Ax with x being a lower kicker, but he could also have a flush draw, 89s, etc. Im playing the same way you did on the flop and turn. On the river, you have already commited 1/2 your stack, you cant make a blocking bet and fold to a push. You have to stick your stack in.