Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 02:37 AM

Default Re: Thank God for Roosevelt thru Bush 41

FDR was mostly the man. Clinton wasn't totally awful either. He sort of bought into the conservative policies, but at least he wasn't a absolute moron.

I think Clinton did everything he could with the political situation he faced. People like Al From and the DLC have tried hard to reinterpret that legacy to make it more conservative.

FDR was pretty much the best President ever.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Clinton did everything he could with the political situation he faced. People like Al From and the DLC have tried hard to reinterpret that legacy to make it more conservative.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are talking about politicians here, right? The less they do, the better. That is why Clinton was 'good'. Whether it was his own doing or the fact that the Republicans held the Congress, I'm not sure. All I know is that less legislation was passed, which is always a good thing.

[ QUOTE ]
FDR was pretty much the best President ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

My sarcasm detector is pretty bad. Is this a joke?
Old 12-19-2005, 03:12 AM

Just because you're some tripped out anarchist, that does not mean that everybody on this forum is. Instead of buying a new sarcasm detector, some common-sense judgement may be a better investment for you.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just because you're some tripped out anarchist, that does not mean that everybody on this forum is. Instead of buying a new sarcasm detector, some common-sense judgement may be a better investment for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

My common-sense judgement is fine (obviously I was being facetious). Anyone with common-sense should realize that FDR did more to hurt America (overall at least, Lincoln was the biggest murderer) than any other president.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:41 AM

If it wasn't for Lincoln, the entire country...well, it wouldn't be a country anymore.

Do you also think that we're a republic, not a democracy? You have a membership card in the John Birch Society?
Old 12-19-2005, 04:10 AM

we are a republic, not a democracy.

Am i not understanding you?
Old 12-19-2005, 07:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, FDR stopped the great depression and also played a kew role in winning WWII. He was totally aweseome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you have confirmed that you have an elementary understanding of American history, but I had already picked that up from your previous posts.

[ QUOTE ]
If it wasn't for Lincoln, the entire country...well, it wouldn't be a country anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

More proof of your all or nothing view of historical topics. Lincoln was not indispensible.

For the record, both FDR and Lincoln were good presidents, but time and war cured the depression, and the northerners who elected Lincoln made the decision to put a stop to the growth of slavery and keep the country united.

by the way, has anyone discussed the parellels between Lincolon (habeus corpus) and Bush (wire tapping)?
Old 12-19-2005, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And why is that desirable? Is it bad that the USSR dissolved?

Lincoln is worse than FDR in my book. He murdered 600,000 americans in a war of conquest against a nation that espoused the same concepts the US originally did with the Declaration of Independence. His motivation was nothing less than the most noble goal of mercantilism, the most wrongheaded economic policy this nation had ever seen. He gave legitimacy to the barbaric concept of total war. He ushered in the era of big government - the first true manifestation of Hamilton's twisted vision of big central government.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:30 PM

"And why is that desirable? Is it bad that the USSR dissolved?" According to a growing number of the former inhabitants, yes.

But wait, I always forget in your little "AC" fantasy camp, everyone behaves exactly how you DICTATE they will.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And why is that desirable? Is it bad that the USSR dissolved?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think the world would look like today if there were both a USA and a CSA?

Would the CSA still have slavery, or just some form of Jim Crow?

How would it affect the economies of both?

How would it affect the outcomes of foreign wars like WWII, etc.?

I think the world would be a lot worse off.