Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2004, 11:36 PM

Default Re: WinHoldem cheaters foiled

[ QUOTE ]
In the very least, I would feel MUCH more comfortable if these (or similar) measures were taken against those who have ALREADY BEEN CAUGHT with the Bots or those who might be suspected (for whatever reason) or those who play super-duper marathon sessions (longer than 24 hours straight perhaps??).

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking of this while reading this thread, too. I stayed up practically all night a couple times recently. I definitely hope that whatever monitoring they do is reasonable and not too hasty or exploitive.

I remember I used to use Concentric.net as my dial-up ISP. They accused me of being a business because I played so many sessions of Age of Empires online that they figured my use must be "excessive." This was after I chose and paid for the level of their service that gave me 24/7 unlimited access. Anyway, they refused to listen to reason and insisted I pay double per month, violating the terms of their own contract. I quit.

If Party were to be as sloppy, stupid, or greedy, seizure of money could be involved, and the loss of a good place to play is a lot more important than the loss of one particular idiot ISP. Wherever reprecussions are both drastic and dependent on honesty and discretion, we're all held hostage, usually to dopes and good luck. I hope we're all as safe from Party itself as we are from people trying to crack it.
Old 11-21-2004, 12:21 AM

I seem to remember an RGP post that stated something to the effect of "independent testing of WinHoldem revealed it to win $2 per hour at 3/6 on Paradise Poker".

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, the development of a poker bot that does more than lose 2 BB/hour at 2/4 is a couple of years off.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-21-2004, 06:02 AM

I just realized that if someone wrote a bot that could beat people badly at any level, they probably would't sell it, they'd use it in secret and try not to ever leak it out for their own profit sake.

Only mediocre half-ass coded bots would be for sale hoping to sucker people into buying a crappy bot that give people false confidence that they can win just to cash in on suckers.

Not to worry that much, I guess.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:54 AM

Nah, that's not true. Just look at the WH forum, they help each other on refining the formula.
Old 11-21-2004, 12:49 PM

Playing party last night there was a popup every 5 minutes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2005, 08:08 PM

It occurs to me that the main thing that will or should destroy consumer bots like Winholdem is the very likely and possible danger that the developer could embed code in the bot software to enable him to run a higher level, or "uber" bot, automatically locating his customers, reading their hole cards, and allowing him to clean them out. The developer of Winholdem could probably do, and may already be doing, this. The Winholdem forum could be entirely fabricated in-house to create an illusion of success by fictional users.
There would seem to be a whole lot more money in picking the pockets of his customers, than in software sales, (especially since winholdem is already cracked and up on TorrentSpy.com) And since he knows for a fact his customers are willing to cheat, and based on some of his quoted idealogical rationale, I imagine he would not hesitate to take every last dime he could from these "sinners".
Instant karma for them, instant riches for him,