Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: ***Official Long Suffering White Sox Fan Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
How come there aren't any replies to this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't expect too many replies. There aren't too many real White Sox fans out there. I think everybody is aware for whatever reason, we're the afterthought for baseball in this town. Sox fans are a small but loyal group.

And any minute now I'm expecting to start hearing from Yankees and/or Red Sox fans talking discussing how the TV ratings make it clear than nobody cares about baseball when the Red Sox/Yankees aren't in it, and baseball is boring when the Red Sox/Yankees aren't in it, the world is a better place when one of them is in the series, and...
Old 10-17-2005, 02:01 PM

Congratulations! Despite being a Yankee fan, and the pain of last year's horrible collapsing choke to the Red Sox, it was great that a team that hadn't won the World Series since 1918 won it. It's great that a team that had won only one pennant since Woodrow Wilson was president has won it. And it will be great if the White Sox and the Astros, a team that has never won a pennant, play each other in the World Series.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it was great that a team that hadn't won the World Series since 1918 won it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2005, 02:04 PM

it will be great to see the white sox win it all if only to stick it to all those whiny cub fans
Old 10-17-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it will be great to see the white sox win it all if only to stick it to all those whiny cub fans

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't go there. This is too good to bring it to that level. I'm encouraging all Sox fans to just enjoy this and don't get caught up in the petty "us against them" mentality. The Cubs won't be our WS opponent. Let's just take the high road here, and enjoy some success for a change.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Cubs won't be our WS opponent. Let's just take the high road here, and enjoy some success for a change.

[/ QUOTE ]

and revel in the fact that they haven't been to a WS since the end of WWII and we have now been to two [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2005, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm encouraging all Sox fans to just enjoy this and don't get caught up in the petty "us against them" mentality. The Cubs won't be our WS opponent. Let's just take the high road here, and enjoy some success for a change.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh believe me I'm enjoying the success, but I also take great joy in the Cubs sucking, and I will take great joy in pointing out their suckiness to there fans for years to come.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:42 AM

I've been a diehard follower of the Sox since I was 12 (24 now) You may be asking; "What is a Sox fan doing in virginia?" Well it all started before I was really even in to sports, and I watched the movies Eight Men Out and Field of Dreams, and then shortly after that caught a few Sox games on WGN the year they had the awesome team that lost to Toronto in the LCS and I was hooked... I guess "long-suffereing" wouldn't really apply as I've only been suffereing for half my life, but I love baseball and I love the Sox, and I was planning on suffereing with this team for the long haul... This truly is a wonderful thing, and I'm not ashamed to say I cried like a baby when we got the final out in Anaheim... Go SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How come there aren't any replies to this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

12.5 million people in Illinois
~8.5 million Cub fans
~4.0 million Card Fans
73,879 White Sox fans

Just kidding, but that is an exaggerated truth...happy for the Sox. They played the best baseball in the AL all year and deserved it. Also, I enjoy seeing the Cub fans squirm a bit. I only wish the Cards will hold up their end of the Cubs nightmare World Series.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also take great joy in the Cubs sucking, and I will take great joy in pointing out their suckiness to there fans for years to come

[/ QUOTE ]

Sox/Cubs smack talk is a way of life. It is encountered in almost every day and in every way. You can't hide from it because that's the way it is and the way it will always be. As Chicagoans it's part of who we are.