Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 10:50 AM

Default Am I not bluffing enough?

And I don't semi bluffs.... I play the $25 PLO8 tables and I pretty never bluff. There are so many players who'll call with anything that it seems to me to be bad to just bluff with complete air.

By the way... Bison's converter appears to be down completely.

River Bluff with Air

I had this hand last night where everyone was just projecting "low draw"... I saw no choice but to go for it. Am I too weak tight if I'm not doing this on a regular basis?
Old 10-28-2005, 11:08 AM

Default Re: Am I not bluffing enough?

3-way, that does look like a decent bluffing opportunity. Especially when no one comes over the top on the turn. Someone with a boat, or even decent trips would be playing more aggressively.

Good play to make randomly, you just have to hope no one is going for the river check-raise.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:45 AM

99% of the time I play, I check this through. I don't even have a pair. lol. But I just couldn't beleive with $40 in the pot that one of them wasn't going to take a stab it. I think if any of them breathed on the pot I was out of there.

I think the bluff worked but not because I engineered it that way purposely.

My raise on the turn was NOT to set up a bluff... it was for 2 other reasons: (1) I can't stand when idiots bet .25 into a $25 pot. It doesn't make any sense. Are they thinking they're going to buy the pot? They wanted to build the pot another 1%? So I bump it up to $5. And... because I have 21 (not clean outs) to nut low and 13 (not clean) outs to a straight.

Though I think they read that raise as a King?

Clearly I need to start representing more hands and doing it earlier (on the turn) when I'm in position.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:53 AM

I also get annoyed when people bet $.25 into a decent sized pot. It really makes no sense at all. Often times, I think it's just a weak "block bet", like making a baby flush on a paired board. Or maybe just having the 2nd nut low. They are trying to get everyone to slow down. Pretty aggravating and weak-tight.

I've actually seen a few people do the extreme minimum bet, and then check-raise all-in to a raise. That's a pretty strange play.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:14 PM

Never bluff at the $25 level. The $25 level really isn't poker. If you jump up to the $50 level, skill level improves by a factor of 5. Then you can start thinking about something other than betting pot with the nuts.