Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Beginning MTH v2

[ QUOTE ]
I just want to say thank you for V1 and your efforts on V2. I am currently 16 tabling using your program, and I can't wait to try V2. Your program has been more beneficial to me than PokerTracker.

Thanks again.

P.S.
A thread in the internet forum by someone connected with Party makes it look Party is trying to have all the tables have names and not numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it's good v2 doesn't care if it's named or numbered tables [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2005, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It looks like there is a problem when "keep active table in place" is selected. Sometimes the table doesn't get replaced, but instead, gets buried under the next table. Then, it stays buried even when it should pop back to the top.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this possibly happening when you change the preferences while already running? If not, i'll see if i can fix it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It happened again without any changing of settings. Somehow a table gets buried at the focus location.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:08 AM

Since version1 works (albeit with limitations), is there some way I can retain it for serious play while also downloading v2 for experimentation?
Old 10-07-2005, 07:31 AM

v2 doesn't require installation, neither does it tamper with v1's settings. So you can easily download v2 and try it.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:34 PM

You say it gets stuck in the active table area. Does that mean that MTH never moves the table again, and ignores it? Or does it only reside in the active table area until it's moved again by MTH?
Old 10-07-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You say it gets stuck in the active table area. Does that mean that MTH never moves the table again, and ignores it? Or does it only reside in the active table area until it's moved again by MTH?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will describe what I can remember (I'm sorry about the vagueness, but I was trying to save my hands, and It's like being a traffic cop in a 10-way intersection, when the power goes off.)

There are two things I am sure of:

first: A table was buried after I acted. It stayed in the active area until I manually moved it (i'm not sure if this is before the action had returned to that table, so I don't know what would have happened then).

second: Once the first table stopped moving there was some kind of domino effect. Tables would activate but not move to the active area.

Overlayed on these observations was my frantic attempt to disperss my highly overlapped tables. So, I'm not sure whether the tables that were not moving automatically were those I had just moved from the active area or all tables, regardless.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will describe what I can remember (I'm sorry about the vagueness, but I was trying to save my hands, and It's like being a traffic cop in a 10-way intersection, when the power goes off.)

first: A table was buried after I acted. It stayed in the active area until I manually moved it (i'm not sure if this is before the action had returned to that table, so I don't know what would have happened then).

second: Once the first table stopped moving there was some kind of domino effect. Tables would activate but not move to the active area.

Overlayed on these observations was my frantic attempt to disperss my highly overlapped tables. So, I'm not sure whether the tables that were not moving automatically were those I had just moved from the active area or all tables, regardless.

[/ QUOTE ]

What site are you playing at? How many tables? You're using V2 right? Are you using auto arrange, move active table? The table that remained in the active area, did it still figure in the MTH list of tables? Was it by any chance at the same time as you opened any new tables? Anything else that might've provoked the "accident"?

A lot of questions, it's tough to pinpoint the cause without being able to replicate the problem myself [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2005, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What site are you playing at? How many tables? You're using V2 right? Are you using auto arrange, move active table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Empire, Party, Eurobet, appx 10 tables, V2, Auto arrange was off.
Move active table was ON (the problem has only occurred when that is on).

[ QUOTE ]

The table that remained in the active area, did it still figure in the MTH list of tables?

[/ QUOTE ]
No idea.

[ QUOTE ]

Was it by any chance at the same time as you opened any new tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very possible I had just opened a table as I was trying to make my way to 12 tables.

I will try to recreate it with fewer tables so I can be more attentive.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Empire, Party, Eurobet, appx 10 tables, V2, Auto arrange was off.
Move active table was ON (the problem has only occurred when that is on).

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem most likely arises from the fact that auto arrange is off.

When auto arrange is off, each table stores it's last location, and when it's told to move away from the active location, it moves to the stored location.

The stored location get's saved the moment the table moves to the active location. So in the case you open a table and it immediatly gets moved to the active location, it'll be moved back to where it came from - which might very possible be in the active location. When auto arrange is off, MTH cannot guarantee that the active location is kept free from tables, you'll have to arrange the tables yourself.

But still, MTH should move tables to an from the active location, and it should still work. If a table is blocking, it should simply be a matter of removing it, and then it's location get's updated the next time it's activated.

There's a new version coming out tomorrow, it'll feature a setting that forces the active table to be the topmost, no matter what. That might help to solve the problem.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:18 PM

I have a mysterious case of "disappearing tables."

Just getting around to experimenting with v2.

I load a couple of tables into the "waiting" position just as I did with v1. When a table goes active, it just disappears off into places unknown, never to be seen again. I have a laptop with one additional monitor. When active, the table is supposed to move to the upper right corner of the monitor; but where it goes, nobody knows. Had to close down the site.

Nobody else has mentioned this phenomenon. ???

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]