Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 09:58 AM

Default Re: Just bragging, but this was the play of my life so far.

[ QUOTE ]
So, first I'm going to chastise myself for putting myself in this position

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is going to happen how often over 50% of the rare times that you put yourself in this position? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

CSC, given the raise PF, you'd push your QQ, right, given that a raise would be half your stack? I think I would call, as this would give me more options post-flop. QQ is a great but dangerous hand to push, I feel.

OP, thanks for giving us an insight into the minds of those who do this. Very enlightening.

CJ
Old 11-05-2005, 11:26 AM

I'm curious about this hand as well, seems straight forward easy for some, guess I still need learnin' [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
CSC, given the raise PF, you'd push your QQ, right, given that a raise would be half your stack? I think I would call, as this would give me more options post-flop. QQ is a great but dangerous hand to push, I feel.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the plan, if/when, as happened here, that both scare cards fall? You put in 1/2 your stack and now consider folding, leaving 10xbb nehind?

This is a type of situation I find confusing, because a push looks like a massive overbet to some.

I've always wondered for those not thinking in terms of "M" what a push looks like to them? To them, we're pushing way too many bbs in as a bet...rambling so I'll stop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2005, 11:40 AM

To be honest, when I see that bet with this hand in this position, I feel kind of nauseous. However, yes, I'd probably call then fold. I know that's very weak/tight, but I'm still in it. I'm very hurt, but I've still got a chance. I just hate going broke with QQ, and it happens a lot.

CJ
Old 11-05-2005, 07:00 PM

Calling is bad preflop with QQ here because it likely ends up 3 way with the big stack in the bb and you let smaller pairs, broadway hands, suited connectors, that can't call preflop see a flop that they probably are only going to continue on with if they are ahead of QQ.

When someone raises and you pick up QQ you shouldn't be feeling ill. Rather you should be ecstatic that you likely are going to double up.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:34 PM

also i push instead of raise preflop about 70% of the times.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:49 PM

I like a call here.

If the OP is raising with AK, I'm not going to like the flop if overcards come. If it's checked to me, then I have to decide if the OP is slow playing the nuts, or I'm ahead. Chance are, I'm ahead, so I go all in. If OP bets the flop, I probably fold, unless I think the OP is going to make a continuation bet with any two cards.

At this stage of the tournament, I'm not worried about a donk playing A,x and calling any bet. Most players, except for the most advance, who raised with any ace (and it could happen at this stage), will push to protect their hand, so if it's checked to me after the flop, I'm going to gamble that I'm ahead.